Unarmed Combat Question

Unarmed (monk fists) are affected by two weapon style so you get the increased attack speed, very useful.

A game bug lets you wield a weapon in your left hand and get to add in your fist damage when you do a torments reach. It gets the +12 accuracy from holding one weapon. You can't single wield a fist but you can use a shield. Maybe with a fist and a shield you could take single weapon style and reap the small benefits but I've not tried that.

Penetrating isn't required with a 9DT bypass weapon, guessing some sort of firearm?, but will do more damage per second against higher DT enemies. With a bow you'd get penetrating shot and just leave it on all the time. With a firearm you'd only want it against the higher DT enemies. If you have nothing else to take it isn't a waste.

• Like 2

Single weapon style works with a shield equipped, but not with fists, so SWS would not work with fists+shield. Shield style would though.

Edited by Fardragon
  • Like 1

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

Since single weapon style works with a shield equipped, but not with fists, so SWS would not work with fists+shield. Shield style would though.

Wait, it does? You get the bonus for Single Weapon style even if you're holding a shield in the off hand?

Since single weapon style works with a shield equipped, but not with fists, so SWS would not work with fists+shield. Shield style would though.

Wait, it does? You get the bonus for Single Weapon style even if you're holding a shield in the off hand?

Yes.

Single Weapon Style is a lot better (as in, at all good) for tanks than it is for actual duelists.

t50aJUd.jpg

So you're claiming the mechanics for the talent is different from the mechanics for the weapon styles?

Since equipping and deequipping a shield on my Eder changes his accuracy. You are only supposed to get the accuracy boost to 1 handed when the second hand is free, which seems to be consistent with this experiment.

So you're claiming the mechanics for the talent is different from the mechanics for the weapon styles?

Since equipping and deequipping a shield on my Eder changes his accuracy. You are only supposed to get the accuracy boost to 1 handed when the second hand is free, which seems to be consistent with this experiment.

I'm not sure what you're getting at, but for clarity:

When you wield a weapon and a shield, (or a two-handed weapon) you get no inherent penalties or bonuses (although most shields comes with a penalty to Accuracy).

When you wield only one weapon and nothing else, you get a +12 Accuracy Bonus.

This has nothing to do with the Talents, in and by itself. And for whatever reason, the One-Handed Style works with Shields. I think it's nonsense, and I think that it should've been fixed when it was first pointed out, but it's never been commented on by the developers, so we can only assume that it's working as intended, by now. For the longest time, I thought it was a bug, but guess not.

Which also explains why One-Handed Style is still rubbish and hasn't been dealt with for duelists, since any fix to it would probably make Weapon and Shield crazy, crazy good.

t50aJUd.jpg

I see, thanks.

I was getting at the definition of the styles:

onehanded ->1 weapon / 1 free slot

twohanded -> 1 weapon / 0 free slots

shield -> 1 weapon / 1 shield

twoweapon -> 2 weapons

the corresponding talents should only work with their style, but when it is true that the talents for onehanded and shield both apply to the shield style, then that is clearly a bug. you learn something new everyday i guess.