Freedom to Jennifer Fichter!

obyknven

1435911458-e6690e88bb665e0d82c8c05735808

A Lakeland teacher who admitted to having sex with some of her students will spend the next 22 years behind bars.

http://www.wtsp.com/story/news/local/2015/07/02/polk-teacher-sentenced-for-sex-with-students/29624059/

If you kill a man - you get 10-15-20 years in prison; when you bring joy and happiness to 17 yo boy - you get 22.
Boy wants to have sex, teacher wants to have sex - so what's the problem?

Let's free this innocent woman just because love is not crime!

https://www.change.org/p/us-justice-system-jennifer-fichter-doesnt-deserve-a-life-sentence

• Like 1

Sounds like a pretty normal sentence for that crime......if it had happened in the 15th century in central Europe.

This is just madness, two people being happily together results in one of them being robbed of her freedom for the next 8030 days. This world sucks. 

• Like 1

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

I can bet that if the teacher was male and the student female the sentence would seem to soft for the same people that protest against this one.

Sadly, in peoples minds that would definitely decrease the likelihood of the intercourse having been fully consensual. 

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

First the guy who created the silk road website get sent to prison for life without the possibility of parole and now this?

I have no words.

• Like 1

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

17 year old, the term 'underage' only applies as a technicality. If those boys don't start campaigning for her release they are ****. 

They are still students.  I even take issue with college level stuff like this.  Teachers are supposed to be held to a certain standard.  You folks don't want cops beating up on suspects, I don't want teachers banging their students.

• Like 2

If it had been with one student, I'd be inclined to believe in good faith that it was honest-to-god "love in unlikely circumstances".

But if a teacher has a pattern of sexual encounters with multiple students, it smells of predatory abuse of power.

Of course the 22 years sentence is excessive as ****, as are most criminal court sentences (and plea bargains) in the US.

• Like 1

"Some ideas are so stupid that only an intellectual could believe them." -- attributed to George Orwell

That's pretty crazy. The most that should have happened is that she got fired. 

One part of the trial that has been making the rounds around the web is the prosecutor saying that if this were a man he would have gotten the maximum penalty. I don't always agree with laws that send people to jail needlessly but I also don't like double standards along class,gender or race.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

17 year old, the term 'underage' only applies as a technicality. If those boys don't start campaigning for her release they are ****. 

They are still students.  I even take issue with college level stuff like this.  Teachers are supposed to be held to a certain standard.  You folks don't want cops beating up on suspects, I don't want teachers banging their students.

I study (or try to), which makes me a student. I'm older than some of my teachers. The line you're drawing is... arbitrary. While I understand where you're coming from regarding the abuse of authority thing (<Brazzers>), do you know this is one such case? Sacking her is one thing. Destroying her life completely is on a whole different level.

Also, are you putting violence from a postion of superiority and a basic physiological function side by side? Really?

Edited by 213374U
  • Like 1

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Also, are you putting violence from a postion of superiority and a basic physiological function side by side? Really?

I'm not quite sure where I mentioned violence.  I said abuse of power, that doesn't imply physical.  Other than that, I'm not sure what you are getting at.  Are you really defining sex as a basic physiological function?  If that is true, you might be doing it wrong.   :biggrin:

edit:  Ah, I got it, the cop reference.  It is more a comparison of authority figures being held to a higher standard.  How hard is it as a teacher to not have sex with your students?  It seems like a pretty low bar to clear.

Edited by Hurlshot
  • Like 2

"You folks don't want cops beating up on suspects, I don't want teachers banging their students."

L0L, We get it. Sex is icky and way worse than violence in 2015. LMAO

Your comparison is plain stupid.

That said, I thought 17 was legal in most States?

22 years is way too much. It is absolutely ridiculous punishment.

Oh yeah, speaking of cops beating up people... a cop who kicked a handcuffed woman sitting on the sdiewalk in the head was not punished and now wants his job back.

Meanwhile people like you are proud that someone is going to prison for sex. What's even funnier is that parents' age difference is larger than this 30 year old and her 17 year old 'victims'.

I hate double standards too but instead of making things worse we should be  punishing 30 year old male teachers who have sex with their willing 17 year old students for 17 year olds. It demeans hte young ladies.

But, the bottom line is most people - men and women -  see women as weak little pathetic little babies that need to be babysat and treated with kid gloves. That's gross.

• Like 1

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Are you really defining sex as a basic physiological function?  If that is true, you might be doing it wrong.   :biggrin:

Well, yeah, I might be doing it wrong. Or rather, not doing it enough. That's neither here nor there... :blush:

And yes, sex is pretty much on the same level as feeding or sleeping, as far as impulses go. Nothing special about it; it'd be hilarious how much undue weight it's given, if it weren't for the fact that people stil get sent to prison and killed over it. I'd completely agree if she had been charged with rape, but not one of the gajillion charges she was convicted on was for that, unless I missed something.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

"You folks don't want cops beating up on suspects, I don't want teachers banging their students."

L0L, We get it. Sex is icky and way worse than violence in 2015. LMAO

Your comparison is plain stupid.

That said, I thought 17 was legal in most States?

22 years is way too much. It is absolutely ridiculous punishment.

Oh yeah, speaking of cops beating up people... a cop who kicked a handcuffed woman sitting on the sdiewalk in the head was not punished and now wants his job back.

Meanwhile people like you are proud that someone is going to prison for sex. What's even funnier is that parents' age difference is larger than this 30 year old and her 17 year old 'victims'.

I hate double standards too but instead of making things worse we should be  punishing 30 year old male teachers who have sex with their willing 17 year old students for 17 year olds. It demeans hte young ladies.

But, the bottom line is most people - men and women -  see women as weak little pathetic little babies that need to be babysat and treated with kid gloves. That's gross.

Volo, you are  misunderstanding a few things, this is also about the principle. You can't have teachers sleeping with students...surly you can understand this is a bad thing?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

"Volo, you are  misunderstanding a few things, this is also about the principle. You can't have teachers sleeping with students...surly you can understand this is a bad thing?"

Never heard of the priniciple of fair and reasonable punishment?

But, hey, perhaps they should just execute her. Afterall, she did commit the 'crime' of sleeping with her students. MORE EVIL THAN MURDER.

I'm amazed how many people are defending a teacher sleeping with their students.  That seems like a pretty basic no no.   :blink:  

To be honest, if that would have been my teacher and willing to do me, i would have zero regrets. Whats the problem really, it´s sex...most natural thing in everyones life. Sure, if it interfers with the profession it can be problematic, so... fire her. But 22 years in prison for sleeping with 17y olds? This is just retarted. I did worse things when i was that age.

"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, the man who never reads lives one."

"I'm amazed how many people are defending a teacher sleeping with their students.  That seems like a pretty basic no no."

For a teacher, your reading comprehension is subpar. It's not really about approving what she did. It's about disproving of the absolute asanine punishment she got.

Again, in most States is 17 not considered 'legal'? Or 16?

I could understand her being fired but jailed for 22 years/ That's bullcrap and the fact you defend it is riduculously evil.

\\

I say she should be executed.  That seems fair and just and reasonable. :)