Anders Breivik sues Norway for breaking Human Rights

Darkpriest

Oh this is golden :D Norway, how not to laugh from you and your laws... once a land of dreaded vikings now a land of bending p.... sissies....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/norway/11406616/Mass-murderer-Breivik-to-sue-Norway-over-prison-conditions.html

Human rights should apply for all, after all they're Human rights not Good Human's rights.

• Like 5
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

:blink:

Human rights should apply for all, after all they're Human rights not Good Human's rights.

I didn't know there was a human right to get your prison Play Station upgraded to the latest model.

"Some ideas are so stupid that only an intellectual could believe them." -- attributed to George Orwell

did you even read what is he complaining about?

Yes, being kept in solitary.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

and how is that a violation of human rights? if someone is dangerous -OR- there is a particular concern for the safety of the prisoner, then solitary cell is the best method of punishment.

and how is that a violation of human rights? if someone is dangerous -OR- there is a particular concern for the safety of the prisoner, then solitary cell is the best method of punishment.

Keeping prisoners in solitary confinement without justifiable cause is actually human rights violation in ECHR, but in past 14 years we have not really cared about that when we are dealing with terrorists, like lots of other things that we have in past said to been human rights have been forgotten in such cases. 

But if European Court of Human Rights find that Breivik's treatment in prison is against his human rights, I am pretty sure that when that verdict is really available for Brevik, he has been decades in prison, because are so much different things that European governments can do to delay ECtHR's verdicts if they really want, and I am pretty sure that politician that fight against such verdict in Norway will only find themself become more popular among voters. And I am pretty sure that other European countries will not really give any pressure to solve situation especially in timely matter. 

It is quite improbable that mass murder that remind Europe of its past will really find any justice regardless of what our laws say as, those laws have loopholes that can used to remove all rights that person has, and one has very hard time get people care when one is publicly despised all around Europe especially in current political climate.  

Uh, he is free to file the suit.  It doesn't mean he is going to win anything.  It certainly doesn't say anything about the Norwegian legal system, as prisoners can do this in most modern countries.

• Like 1

Varg Vikernes sounds a like a centered, mature kind a guy these days. I never thought that i would type that sentence down.

Breivik is just trolling the system.

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Oh this is golden :D Norway, how not to laugh from you and your laws... once a land of dreaded vikings now a land of bending p.... sissies....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/norway/11406616/Mass-murderer-Breivik-to-sue-Norway-over-prison-conditions.html

What laws are you refering to?  And your complaint doesn't make much sense. All I see is Breivik whining about being in isolation (which is for his own good, the other prisoners would kill him), and the prison giving zero ****s. If we actually gave him what he wanted I'd agree with you.

Edited by Thingolfin

In his mind he's fighting a war with the only weapons available. Yeah, trolling.

Of course, if the West manned-up and brought back the death penalty for sociopathic murderers, this wouldn't be a problem.

sonsofgygax.JPG

In his mind he's fighting a war with the only weapons available. Yeah, trolling.

Of course, if the West manned-up and brought back the death penalty for sociopathic murderers, this wouldn't be a problem.

But we're civilized and totally not passive aggressive pussies.

village_idiot.gif

Human rights should only be fully granted to those who respect them. This excludes insane supremacist mass murderers. 

Edited by Woldan
  • Like 1

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Human rights should only be fully granted to those who respect them. This excludes insane supremacist mass murderers. 

I disagree. Human rights are universal, and should stay that way.

Edited by Namutree
  • Like 3

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

For sure.

We've already seen what happens when governments decide to redefine who human rights apply to, and at very very best it ends up in the flagrant hypocrisy of those governments themselves ignoring human rights. And that's best case.

Just ignore Breivik. Not just because he's making complaints because he wants attention and there's a shortage of unarmed people and children around for him to bravely murder with a high powered rifle, ignore him because the most fitting punishment is for him to shuffle off this mortal coil decades from now in the full knowledge that he changed nothing and dies unremarked, unloved and forgotten.

• Like 4

Just ignore Breivik. Not just because he's making complaints because he wants attention and there's a shortage of unarmed people and children around for him to bravely murder with a high powered rifle, ignore him because the most fitting punishment is for him to shuffle off this mortal coil decades from now in the full knowledge that he changed nothing and dies unremarked, unloved and forgotten.

But as an advocate of human rights even for those who kick said rights with their feet you're not allowed to ignore him. Its his right to be heard out in this matter since the maximum amount of time a prisoner spends in isolation is indeed regulated by law. So you have to listen to this child murderer and deal with his valid concerns.

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

You are very much allowed to ignore him. Members of the judiciary have a duty to examine all cases and petitions brought before them to curb abuses of everyone's rights, but not society at large. Why do you feel obligated to listen to his trolling?

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Correct.

You have to listen, and the courts have to decide whether his claims are valid or not.

Human rights are universal and unalienable. That's the whole idea: There are no institutions or people who can withdraw these rights. You have those rights simply by having been born as a human being.

That hasn't anything to do with being "pussies". On the contrary. Just killing people you don't want to deal with anymore, is the easy way out. It may be hard sometimes to acknowledge the universality of human rights, but it is one of the most important advancements of human civilisation, and it would be weakness to endanger or remove that progress for one sad individual and bad feelings.

Norway's reaction to the attack has been spectacular so far, and I'm sure will continue to be so.

Therefore I have sailed the seas and come

To the holy city of Byzantium. -W.B. Yeats

Χριστός ἀνέστη!

"service guarantees citizenship!" ?

We need universal human rights, because the extremely rare cases like Brevik is completely irrelevant to the larger scheme of things, in which your rights are needed and should be protected. If we allow any kind of political agenda to influence who should be granted rights.. well history is not too encouraging on what happens next. Your country being a great example of that.

Fortune favors the bald.

But as an advocate of human rights even for those who kick said rights with their feet you're not allowed to ignore him. Its his right to be heard out in this matter since the maximum amount of time a prisoner spends in isolation is indeed regulated by law. So you have to listen to this child murderer and deal with his valid concerns.

I can ignore him, I'm not Norwegian let alone a part of their judiciary or prison service. He can hold his appeal, it's his right and if his complaint is valid then it's his right to get that problem fixed every bit as much as if he were in prison for tax evasion or crimes against lutefisk.

It's not his right for anyone else to pay him any attention except those necessary.

If he was in a Russian prison he wouldn't want contact with other inmates. Salman Raduev (chechen terrorist) was sentenced to life in prison. Then his cell mate beat him to death.

No doubt, Russian prisons are hardcore

How many Russian inmates have there PS3 requests taken seriously, recognized and a valid complaint ?Somehow I don't think many ....

I doubt the majority of South African prisons even have PS3 facilities 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Figures he's a console peasant

• Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra