Esports still on the rise

That is impressive.  It's no wonder a lot of big corporations are getting in on eSports as the money to be made is increasing sharply every year.  It's too bad the grand final of Worlds was such a *fart noise* as the rest of the event was great.

Watch for me at The Artifact International 2020.  I'll be the guy dominating the event.  :shifty:

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

And the Sundays Gran Turismo world finals. Very interesting races, and really thrilling until the end!!!

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

That is impressive.  It's no wonder a lot of big corporations are getting in on eSports as the money to be made is increasing sharply every year.  It's too bad the grand final of Worlds was such a *fart noise* as the rest of the event was great.

I hear ya, that was one of the most anti-climactic things I've ever witnessed - and to think I stayed all the way up to 6am to watch that. :(

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

• 8 months later...

The International 9 is upon us. Hilariously, Epic Games forked out $30 million out of their own pocket for a Fortnite tourney recently just so that they could have the claim of having the richest prize pool of any eSports tourney ever and show off how big their **** is. Shortly thereafter, the prize pool for TI9 surpassed that number the same way Valve gets the prize pool for TI every year, by making money hand over fist on selling battle passes (30% goes to TI prize pool, 70% goes into GabeN's pocket to Valve). :lol: TI9's prize pool is now just over $33 million.

Anyway, day 1 of the group stages is over. Unsurprisingly, Team Secret, Vici Gaming, and PSG.LGD are all sitting pretty right now. Alliance, Chaos, Infamous, and Ninjas in Pajamas are all in trouble. The big surprises so far have been across the board good performances from SEA (Southeast Asia) teams and poor performances from Team Liquid and EG. Plenty of time left for the group stage standings to shake up, though.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Here's a really good and in-depth interview to the founder of H2K regarding the business side of esports. Though a lot of the conversation stems from League since it's a League talkshow, a lot of what is discussed is applicable to all esports and they do discuss cases like CS:GO, DotA 2 and Overwatch.

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

OG still played well, my bois are still on fire

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

15 minutes ago, Chilloutman said:

OG still played well, my bois are still on fire

They looked solid on day 1 and should have no problem making the main event, perhaps upper bracket. The team I'm rooting for this year is TNC. I've been a Tims fan for a long time, and ever since they brought Heen in as coach, they've become a tier 1 team. I have them as a dark horse to win the whole thing.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I was surprised how EG failed

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

OG are on the roll, carry Io was the best xD

My boys on TNC got themselves an upper bracket slot. :)

Chaos Esports and Ninjas in Pajamas eliminated. Chaos going out in groups was not a surprise. It's a recently formed and unproven roster. NiP bowing out early was surprising. That team had been together all season and had placed as high as 3rd in a major.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Never watched any esports before, the only thing I'm aware of is that annoying looking guy with the blue hair everyone is always going on about. No interest in Fortnite or whatever so never bothered watching it. I would probably check out some Street Fighter 2 or something if that was played maybe...

nowt

well give international a try. I never liked watching sports even when I played few but I for some reason can enjoy watching doto

10 hours ago, daven said:

interest in Fortnite or whatever so never bothered watching it. I would probably check out some Street Fighter 2 or something if that was played maybe...

This is my problem. I have no issues watching other people play games but just like real sports it's got to be something I'm interested in. Because of that I'm pretty much left with let's plays.

Free games updated 3/4/21

OG got it!

OG is looking super strong. They are the best team right now at recognizing when they have a power spike and taking the most advantage of it, often times just outright ending the game right away.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Liquid takes a crazy game 1. If OG wind up losing these grand finals, Ana is going to be haunted (pun intended) by not buying back on Spectre earlier. You can't wait on your buyback that long when there's a Meepo on the other team. Meepo kills buildings so quickly.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Ma bois did it. hah I told you so from the start!