Esports still on the rise

I still can't stop laughing at you silly 'Muricans and all that USA USA :D but the games are really good

The fights in game 3 were all so ridiculously back and forth and close.  So many heroes barely squeaking by on a sliver of health.

Edit: Oh my god, that ice blast blink echo slam combo in the Rosh pit.  :o

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I see what you did there, with Fear ;)

so back to the cycle

TI 1 - west (CIS - Na'Vi)

TI 2 - east (China - IG)

TI 3 - west (EU - Alliance)

TI 4- east (China - Newbee)

TI 5 - west (USA - EG)

Now I wonder how will the majors shake the scene up with 3 majors and 1 TI by Valve

EDIT: BTW that picture of 'Murica is awesome, I laugh even though I've seen it many times :D

Edited by Darkpriest

EDIT: BTW that picture of 'Murica is awesome, I laugh even though I've seen it many times :D

That picture is so amazing on so many levels.  Bill Clinton's fly being open, Ronald McDonald in the background firing a rocket launcher, an alligator with a bomb strapped to it, it's so good.

Props to CDEC for an amazing tournament, obviously they have to be crushed to come so close, but they played extremely well.  Sweet redemption for the EG members that stuck with the team and didn't flee (to Team Secret) after coming so close last year.  Awesome tournament all around.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Someone did some pretty spiffy artwork for the 6 Million Dollar Wombo-Combo

nnbnCF9.jpg

Now all that's left to do is for someone to make a YOLO BLAZE 420 NO SCOPE video of it.  Get on that ****, internet!

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

There, you have it (it will be the last one in the video):

It's perfect.  :lol:

Thanks, Internet, I knew I could count on you.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

• 1 month later...

Too bad he invested in the second best Russian DOTA2 squad.  :p

Although VP does a lot more than just DOTA afaik.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

well VP has also second best CS:GO squad in the world IIRC, not sure how other e-sports divisions are standing, but it only proves that there is a lot of money to be made around this.

Absolutely, it's only going to get bigger.

VP is a solid tier 1 DOTA2 squad (DOTA2 is the only esport I regularly follow), they've just always been the second best Russian squad for the year or so I've been following DOTA2.  They were second fiddle to Empire for the longest time, then when Emipre dropped off and began their struggles is when Vega rose to prominence and leapfrogged everybody in Russia (possibly the world, Vega is so strong right now).

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I don't get the appeal but then again I don't get the appeal of soccer and cricket or Woody Allen movies made after the 80s

So what do I know

am not a fan o' woody allen films before or after 1980, but his essays and articles is frequent insightful and funny.  that being said, am gonna admit that we very much got the appeal of mighty aphrodite-- mira sorvino.  oh sure, we didn't much like her character in woody's film, and am not much into blondes, but we definite got the appeal o' mira sorvino circa 1995.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqJ7EO4kBSg

what can we say, Gromnir is a sucker for hot women with big.... brains.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Pinoys on the rise? probably a bit of being too ****y on part of EU and Ch. teams, but still impressive so far.

I still don't consider Mineski a top contender to win it all, but teams definitely need to prepare for them like they're preparing for a top level team, because that was an impressive run on Saturday.  The series against CDEC was really close and they maybe should have won that, had they not made some mistakes and CDEC not played out of their minds in game 3.  The Alliance series, I guess, you could write off as a team getting Huskar'd.  I don't know what Alliance was thinking.  They got Huskar'd in game 1, okay that can happen to any team, you get caught off guard and you get Huskar'd, what are you gonna do, right?  Game 2, though, I will never understand the draft, I don't know if s4 was was drunk or tripping balls or what.  So, you just got Huskar'd in game 1, now you let Huskar through again and it gets 4th picked, why didn't you ban Huskar after he just MURDERED you last game?  Then, on top of that, you still had a ban and the first pick of the final round and you neither banned Dazzle nor picked it up yourself to keep it away from Mineski.  What the ****!?  You just got Huskar'd, you let Huskar through again, you had not 1 but 2 opportunities to take Dazzle away and you didn't?  You deserve to lose.  The EHOME series, though, had no Huskar wackiness or tomfoolery, that was just Mineski straight up outdrafting and outplaying EHOME both games.  Just flat out outplaying them, it wasn't even close.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I was surprised. did not watch the series, but still impressed. I am fairly sure though that now teams will be prepared for their huskarling and might even bait them into it.

The Alliance series was...  I don't know what's wrong with Alliance, I don't know what's wrong with s4.  Getting Huskar'd once is excusable, it can happen to anybody, it's not a hero that gets played a lot and the supports he pairs with well, Dazzle and Winter Wyvern, are both tier 1 heroes in 6.85, they get picked or banned in practically every pro game, often phase 1, so seeing them get picked doesn't immediately tip the opposing drafter off that they may be setting up for a Huskar.  Likewise, Huskar's top counter, Ancient Apparition, while not a tier 1 hero, in my opinion, is still a hero that gets picked up or banned on a fairly regular basis, so seeing him get banned out doesn't immediately tip the drafter off that it's a set up for Huskar.  So, that happening once is excusable.  That happening 2 times in a row is inexplicable.  s4 let them have Wyvern, let them have Huskar, then even let them have Dazzle after that.  It almost doesn't matter what you drafted for your own team (especially with AA banned out) at that point.  Huskar by himself can be a problem but can be dealt with.  Huskar + Winter Wyvern is scary because Wyvern can save him and heal him back up with Cold Embrace, but at least he's out of the action during Cold Embrace.  Huskar + Dazzle is frightening because Dazzle can not only save Huskar with Shallow Grave, Huskar can keep fighting during the duration of Shallow Grave, so not only did Dazzle keep Huskar from dying, but Huskar is now still attacking the other team and effectively immortal for a few seconds, has insane attack speed and DPS because he's so low health so he's tearing the other team apart, and he's healing back up during the duration of Shallow Grave so that he's not easily bursted down once Shallow Grave wears off.  Huskar + Dazzle + Winter Wyvern is an Eldritch Horror, a team's worst nightmare.  How are you supposed to kill Huskar when he has not 1 but 2 supports that can save his life?  Under no circumstance can you let a team have Huskar and Dazzle and Wyvern, especially not a team with a top level Huskar and top level Dazzle player.  That's digging your own grave.  s4 is an experienced player and drafter, how did that happen?  I don't...  I can't...  I have no words.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸