So it's the 1st of July and I still haven't received my Collector's edition box (or the disc) yet. I got the "your swag is on the way" email a long time ago, since then I've contacted Paradox and they promised to send a replacement shipment, but it's July and nothing.

And of course, they can't be bothered to provide a tracking number (the support guy specifically said "the package does not have a tracking number"). Well I'll be damned. I do live in a pretty remote place, but I've had stuff delivered to me from all over the world - US, UK, Europe, China, no problems this far. So I'm guessing this is Paradox screwing up once again. I mean how hard can it be to just attach a tracking number to the fking thing?!

I mean I'm kind of glad I backed the game but... that CE was my birthright, and I was denied 

People STILL didn't received the things they paid for? 

This is simply outrageous. If this was any other company or any other market branch the outcry would be tremendous.

Imagine you wait few months for preordered book, laptop, t-shirt, car etc. There would be refund claims left and right and maybe a few lawsuits.

Why are you guys agree to be treated this way is beyond me.

Well, I DON'T agree! haha. That's why I at least posted here and contacted Paradox.

Part of the reason why I don't spread my complaint to other sites is because I would rather not risk damaging Obsidian's reputation over this matter, even though it's rather important to me.

But I agree that this does set an unpleasant precedent which could deter people from opting for physical goods again. I for one will sure think twice before doing it again, and with Paradox being the publisher, yeah...no.

So it's the 1st of July and I still haven't received my Collector's edition box (or the disc) yet. I got the "your swag is on the way" email a long time ago, since then I've contacted Paradox and they promised to send a replacement shipment, but it's July and nothing.

And of course, they can't be bothered to provide a tracking number (the support guy specifically said "the package does not have a tracking number"). Well I'll be damned. I do live in a pretty remote place, but I've had stuff delivered to me from all over the world - US, UK, Europe, China, no problems this far. So I'm guessing this is Paradox screwing up once again. I mean how hard can it be to just attach a tracking number to the fking thing?!

I mean I'm kind of glad I backed the game but... that CE was my birthright, and I was denied

I can see how they'd not add tracking numbers to all the initial shipments, but when something's gone awry, you'd think they'd attach tracking ID:s to replacement packages.

t50aJUd.jpg

Exactly. A tracking number would just alleviate all the problems, since both they and I would know if the package has arrived or been delayed, or whatever.

Of wherever the hell it's gone at all. A package without a tracking ID is just an invitation to disaster, whether it's recipients saying that they never got the things they did, or if it's some sleazebag at the local post office skimming the top of the packages pile.

t50aJUd.jpg

In my shipment they provided a tracking number. But lots of shipping companies have problems with international tracking, which means that they don't always provide tracking number for shipments to everywhere where they ship, usually because they don't handle shipment all the way but buy services from some other shipping companies, which is quite annoying also for the sellers. 

Edited by Elerond

In my shipment they provided a tracking number. But lots of shipping companies have problems with international tracking, which means that they don't always provide tracking number for shipments to everywhere where they ship, usually because they don't handle shipment all the way but buy services from some other shipping companies, which is quite annoying also for the sellers. 

It's just that of all the people who sent me stuff internationally, only Paradox managed to screw up, twice. All other 30+ times the items came -mostly from ebay and amazon. 

It's just that of all the people who sent me stuff internationally, only Paradox managed to screw up, twice. All other 30+ times the items came -mostly from ebay and amazon. 

I have ordered hundreds of items from all around world and sent hundreds of items all around world and total number cases where something have gone missing is under 10 total, meaning that usually shipping services are very reliable, but that don't help when bad luck hits, even if you ordered your stuff from most reliable seller using most reliable shipper.

Best thing that you probably can do is to keep bothering Paradox's customer service, because I am pretty sure that eventually if anything else don't work they sent your stuff to you with fast courier to make you stop. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have ordered hundreds of items from all around world and sent hundreds of items all around world and total number cases where something have gone missing is under 10 total, meaning that usually shipping services are very reliable, but that don't help when bad luck hits, even if you ordered your stuff from most reliable seller using most reliable shipper.

Best thing that you probably can do is to keep bothering Paradox's customer service, because I am pretty sure that eventually if anything else don't work they sent your stuff to you with fast courier to make you stop.

Thing is, it's not bad luck, usually. If something fails in these regards, actual, "lost" packages, it's usually up to user error. As in someone taking the packages. Bad luck is when it falls of the transport and gets damaged, but that still results in a report, or worse, a delivered-but-damaged package. Sometimes trucks get hijacked (these days), but that tends to be followed up upon.

When stuff just ups and goes missing for whatever reason, first thing you do one the follow-up is to slap tracking on it, because at least then you can tell where the break in the supply lines were. Not doing so is just an invitation for more "lost" goods.

t50aJUd.jpg

Just received my discs. But still no collectors' box. When I notified them of this by email, they said they're sending another replacement shipment. -___- 

When stuff just ups and goes missing for whatever reason, first thing you do one the follow-up is to slap tracking on it, because at least then you can tell where the break in the supply lines were. Not doing so is just an invitation for more "lost" goods.

As I said they've "sent" (allegedly) a third shipment already and it still doesn't have tracking. Tells you something doesn't it?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Completely out of the blue, my disks arrived yesterday.

If Paradox does something like that ever again, they seriously need to take a hard look at their process.

Therefore I have sailed the seas and come

To the holy city of Byzantium. -W.B. Yeats

Χριστός ἀνέστη!

Hey, folks. If you are still having trouble receiving your shipments please send an email to support@obsidian.net. We aren't handling the shipping, but we can ask Paradox specific questions about your orders. Make sure to mention that you have tried to work with Paradox multiple times so it will be escalated.

I am sorry for any problems that you guys may be having.

• Like 2

Is that for real? I have not even received my box with the game in it. I did not spend $140 for a steam key...

No, it isn't.

Therefore I have sailed the seas and come

To the holy city of Byzantium. -W.B. Yeats

Χριστός ἀνέστη!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone! We reached out to Paradox to get confirmation on this and products are still going out. All products have been shipped by this point. If for some reason you still have not received your physical rewards from Paradox, please reach out to us by emailing support@obsidian.net and we will get you in touch with Paradox quickly to get your rewards to you!

Also be sure to refer to this blog post that Darren put up back in April for any questions you may have about getting physical rewards: http://forums.obsidian.net/blog/7/entry-181-physical-goods-i-havent-received-mine-yet-when-are-they-coming/

Locking this thread as the blog post should answer any questions and do remember to just reach out to us at support if you have any issues with your physical rewards! :)

• Like 1

On Twitter @MikeyDowling