Character Stuck in Fence... one save game mode. Cant unstuck.

mith36

Question

Greetings,

My party was attacked by assassin's and, as soon as combat started, my main character got stuck in the fence.  I've tried knocking the character down and all sorts of craziness to unstuck my character, but nothing has worked. I killed the NPCs near my character (and failed a quest as a result) trying to free up space near my stuck character.  This didn't work.

Unfortunately, I am playing the mode with only one save and my game resaved after killing the nearby npcs, so I am stuck with a broken game... any help here please? I can't even enter the nearby house because my character is too far from the rest of the party.

5 answers to this question

Hey mith36, I searched and found this response from one of the devs:

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/80368-character-stuck/?p=1707136

It doesn't look like they've managed to fix the issue, but I would suggest providing the same info that the dev asked the previous member to give him.  Good luck, man!

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Would be appreciated if a future patch adds in a console command to move all characters in the party to entrance of zone without disabling achievements. I dont really want to restart my game as I'm 2/3 the way through...  I will probably not play this game again until this issue has a solution.   

I would keep checking here, mith.  I'm not actually an Obsidz employee, so there might be a solution I haven't seen.  I try to check stuff, but I'm really no different than any other forum member.  Hopefully, there's a solution that I haven't found that someone else can provide.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Hello, mith36.  I'm sorry for your inconvenience.  As Cantousent has suggested a saved game file will greatly help us narrow down this issue.  There is currently no fix (aside from the cheat you discovered), but having a saved game that the proper team can look at will help us prevent this for you and other players in the future.  Thanks for your ongoing support and patience during this issue.

- Refer to this thread if you are having trouble finding any information I requested http://forums.obsidi...eport-an-issue/