I can't save my game

Slaydo

Question

I began playing today and I can't save any game.

Also when I pass the first phase the screen goes black and the game does not answer.

I tried to re-intall the game, but still I have the same problem

I'm a spanish player, I don't if this problem is only in the spanish version.

Thank you.

12 answers to this question

Haven't heard this one before, I think.

If Windows, what's your install path?

What do you mean with "pass the first phase?". Do you mean when the storm comes and the group runs into the ruins? That'd be the first loading screen, afaik.

And what happens when you try to save before that point? Does it crash or hang? Or does it seem to save fine, but nothing is being saved?

t50aJUd.jpg

Sorry about the duplicity of this post, when I wrote this first I couldn't see it publicated, so I thank I did something wrong and I wrote it again.

I'm using the Steam version, I'm not using any mod or patch. My OS is Windows 7.

The game does not answer when the first loading should appear.

Before this, when I try to save a game I can't, I click on the save button and it does not save the game.

My install path is C:/Program Files/Steam

Thank you for your answers.

Hey Slaydo,

Sorry for the inconvenience. In your Steam library right click on Pillars of Eternity -> Properties -> Local Files -> Verify Integrity of Game Cache and see if that clears up this issue for you. Could you also please upload a output log and a your system specs file as well? You can find those files by clicking on the link in my signature. Please upload them via Dropbox and post the link here so I can take a look at them.

Thanks a bunch!

Yes, I verified the integrity of the game, it was ok. I cannot pass to any new area, on the first transition the game does not answer. I cannot make a quick save, I press the button and nothing happens.

Thank you for your help.

Hey Slaydo,

I have sent your information to the appropriate team. In the mean time, please make sure that your video card drivers are all up to date.  When you say you cant get past the first transition, is it when you are the encampment? After character creation? Or going into the ruins?

Thank you for your patience.

My issue sounds similar. I loaded up the game and I got a black screen whenever I tried to load up my save (Mouse still movable but nothing loaded)

When I made a new character I could click the save game button but it wouldn't save. I have also tried verifying my cache. 

Hey Ceratisa,

Can you please upload your save file, output log, and your system specs? Are you playing in fullscreen mode or windowed mode? Try switching back and forth between those and let me know what kind of results you got. Also what version of the game are you running (1.0.5, 1.0.6)? If all else fails, you can always try to reinstall the game. 

Thanks!