[solved] Unique armor Hirbel's Protective Skin still missing piercing resistance

vahadar

Question

Hello,

All is in the title ;)

This missing stat has been overlooked (and reported) since a few months now, despite the armor having Pierce-proofed attribute. To compare, a fine standart Scale armor has 7 pierce DR when Hirbel Protective Skin has not the proofed bonus applied.

I am quoting an older post :

@vahadar, do you happen to have equipped any other item which grants Pierce DR bonus? (they suppress each other)

What is exactly in the combat log, no Pierce DR applied at all?

I'm asking because I tried to reproduce (1.0.3.0530, linux, GoG) and so far wasn't succesfull. Durance with Hirbel's Protective Skin was attacked by bow by another party member, and the combat log formula consistently shows 9.0 Pierce DR substraction, which is correct number. So if you are able provide more info, that would help a lot.

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/76100-bug-hirbels-protective-skin-missing-pierce-damage-dt-endless-path-lvl6-when-equiped-or-swapped-with-other-armor/?hl=hirbel

answers :

- no other pierce DR bonus item equiped

- no pierce DR bonus applied at all in the combat log if i try with Hirbel's Protective Skin. The DR is at 9 when i hover a pierce type attack in combat log, so it is the armor basic DR without the Pierce proofed attribute

- if i wear a fine standart Scale armor to compare, pierce DT which is supposed to be 7, is in fact 6.8 in the combat log

- even if Hirbel's pierce DT resistance should be 7 if i compare with a fine scale armor, it would be 10 with the proofed attribute, which it is not. Or (in theory) 6.8/9.8 if i refer to combat log for a fine scale armor, +3 DR with proofed, as a comparison.

Edited by vahadar

6 answers to this question

I just tried it and it seems to work fine for me.

Hirbel's Skin DR = 7+2 = 9

Hirbel's Skin pierce DR = (7+2+3)*0,75 = 9

Without the proofing the DR against pierce attacks would be 6,75.

It's looking weird cause of the way armor DR is calculated. The various increased/decreased resistances are a % modifier of the base DR, not a flat bonus/penalty, so you have to take that into account. See this table for reference: http://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Armor

I just tried it and it seems to work fine for me.

Hirbel's Skin DR = 7+2 = 9

Hirbel's Skin pierce DR = (7+2+3)*0,75 = 9

Without the proofing the DR against pierce attacks would be 6,75.

It's looking weird cause of the way armor DR is calculated. The various increased/decreased resistances are a % modifier of the base DR, not a flat bonus/penalty, so you have to take that into account. See this table for reference: http://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Armor

Thanks for the clarification.

If i understand from that table, basic scale armor dr is 7, pierce is 5, so 75% of basic DR. So in case of Hirbel, indeed (7base+2fine+3proofed)*0.75=9. A coincidence that made me think proofed bonus was not applied compared to armor DR shown (9)

But, does that mean basic Hirbel pierce stat is 7? Then this is the same as armor base DR. In this case why 75%?

75% would work for a basic scale armor : 7 base DR, 5 pierce DR, or any enchanted version of it (fine scale armor...)

When i hover a fine scale armor (basically same as Hirbel's skin exept proofed pierce DR), pierce DR is 7 (5basic+2fine), when base Dr is 9 (7+2)

When i hover Hirbel's, pierce DR isnt shown unlike slash/freeze DR, so i suppose it is same as armor DR (7 base + 2 fine).

In this case the 0.75% dont work for Hirbel's Skin (7base DR+2, 7 pierce DR+2 - 0%), unless the % is applied from the calculation for the basic scale armor (7/5 0.75%) and also used for all other armor of this type (Hirbel's being a scale armor too)

Hey vahadar,

Could you please upload a save file along with an output log via dropbox and post the link here? 

Thanks!

I sent you a pm with the link. Thank you very much !

Edited by vahadar

Hey Everyone,

Hirbel's Protective Skin is correctly calculating DR vs Pierce, the issue is that armor is not displaying the modified Pierce DR.  (i.e. Fine Scale Armor DR:9 (Slash: 11, Pierce: 7, Freeze:11))   I went ahead and added the bug that Hirbel's Protective Skin is not displaying Pierce DR into our database.

Thanks for the good work guys!

Yeah the % bonuses/penalties are applied for all armors of that type, the only difference is that if it's fine/exceptional/superb/proofed the base changes. And the display rounds the numbers, you have to look at the combat log for more exact stuff.

A fine scale would be 7+2=9 DR, with 9*0.75=6,75 for pierce (that's the 6.8 in the combat log you mention in your first post and the armor description would display it as 7)