HOW THE **** DO YOU BEAT NALREND THE WISE ON HARD

JESUS **** THIS IS THE HARDEST FIGHT IN THE ENTIRE ****ING GAME THAT SPAMMY BITCH NUKING THE **** OUT OF MY HEALERS AND BACKLINE **** **** ****

HOW

DO

YOU

****ING

DO 

IT

I HAVE THE GOLD TO BUY ANY ADVENTURERS I NEED, PLEASE SUGGEST BUILDS AND STRATEGIES. I CAN BUY LEVEL 8'S

• Like 2

Have your high perception character (preferrably with the interrupting blows talent) cast a Wall of Fire scroll under the ogres. Watch them not casting anything ever. A specifically build wizard (one with high perception) will work too, of course.

Concecrated ground or moonwell helps against the insect plague damage over time. Ogres have bad refrexes so aoe disables that target that are golden as they are all clumped up. Things like slicken, chill fog, priest seals and so on really make the ogres do a lot less dmg. You need durable frontline to hold them still initially and after that they are pretty easy to kill with aoe diasables followed by aoe nukes. Using summons for extra frontline also helps.

Paralysis scrolls, Cyphers casting paralysis and spell casters blasting away with AOEs. Nothing can top that and using that kind of method I didn't find the fight to be that hard.

Actually I found the fight outside the cave more challenging, since there's a small army of Ogre druids which is very hard to control with their plagues.

• Like 1

Concecrated ground or moonwell helps against the insect plague damage over time. Ogres have bad refrexes so aoe disables that target that are golden as they are all clumped up. Things like slicken, chill fog, priest seals and so on really make the ogres do a lot less dmg. You need durable frontline to hold them still initially and after that they are pretty easy to kill with aoe diasables followed by aoe nukes. Using summons for extra frontline also helps.

This.

Chill fog, moonwell, confuse, insect plague etc

Profit

• 7 months later...

just did the fight outside... full party level 10. not sure if there's more ogres if you choose high level scaling but it was ridiculous, had to dump everything I had on them constantly. Did Nalrend first time, nothing by comparison

Constant Knockdown, Prone and Paralyze wins any Ogre fight. Stop them from casting and you can slowly kill them off with AoE damage and Frontliners while negating their spellcasting abilities. Combo of Priest and Cipher always makes them easier to beat.

No matter which fork in the road you take I am certain adventure awaits.

CC is key. Ogres have large healthpools and the ogre-druids can put out lots of damage to your whole party, you can't really 'slug it out' with large groups of them (unless you are a paladin or something with defenses to high for them to even touch you).

Wizards are good for Confusion, Slicken, and Call to Slumber. Anything to stop them from attacking you.

Druids are good for Sunbeam (debuffing and damage), Calling the Worlds Maw (disable and damage), and Insect Plague (hits everything with decent damage even on graze and debuffs).

Priests have Shining Beacon but it doesn't have the greatest range and they'll also want to cast Supress Affliction and Consecrated Ground.

Maybe your level is too low? Besides the Insect Plague and the high damage knockdown (Battering Seep), those ogres have crazy high ACC, fortitude and endurance. 

In 3.0 Binding Web helps to keep them stuck together while nuking them.

My best tactic is to cast some summons like blights, shades or beetles which will soak up all the Insect Plagues. While watching the summons die I do CC and then go into melee. Shod-in-Faith helps big time if you put it on a low RES, but high MIG+INT char (e.g. barb or monk). Combine this with Ring of Unshackling or the priest's spell and it's all cool.

On PotD a chanter tank with a big chant AoE and the Dragon Slashed also helps a lot because he hits them all at once. Works onders together with Wall of Fire and Combusting Wounds.

I normally do this bounty solo when testing new tanky builds at lvl 14 on PotD.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

• 3 weeks later...

Elmshore itself is incredibly nasty with level scaling on. I actually didn't notice much, if any difference, from Nalrend from my 2.0X games, so maybe the level scaling didn't buff her.

The rest of that zone that is just crazy annoying fights. The ogre's outside Nalrend are basically just a souped up version of her fight with scaling on. And considering I was sticking to my old path, just with the new found scaling (Act1->Act2->Bounties->Act 3->Endless Paths->White March->Act 4), I caught those guys at level 9 with just exceptional level gear. Had to pretty much use all those cheese tactics I hate just to win, because the fights themselves are cheesy.

I'm sure if I was level 14 and fresh of WM, be a standard rolf stomp, but the sheer jump in power caught me surprise. I don't remember WM or Act 4 scaling being quite so intense. I mean, it's an entire zone full of Broodmother level fights. Lots of incredibly strategic, see who fails their save action.

Edited by Teioh_White

I forgot: what really helps in that encounter is mind control. Then those Ogre Druids will cast Insect Plague in your favor while being clubbed to death by their fellows.

^10000% This.

Battles against Ogres and Ogre Druids are (IMO) best handled with mental spells.  Confusion, Domination, and so on. These fights are a LOT harder to win when you're trying to take down every single ogres with just your own weapons and damaging spells.    It's just so much easier when you get an ogre or 2 fighting FOR you rather than against you. 

Tip: If you're going to use a single target Domination spell, target the healthiest Ogre, not the least healthy.  The low HP Ogres you can finish off yourself, or let the Ogre you dominate do it.  And if you do dominate a low HP Ogre, they'll die too easily.  In theory, it's best if your dominated Ogre isn't killed during the duration of the spell so that you can get the most value for the casting, though it doesn't hurt if he gets hurt a lot.  :bat:

Two ciphers with charm seemed to work easily, although I didn't have level scaling.

Then I met some blights and party died to them, because both ciphers only had piercing damage. Oops.

Mental paralysis wasn't enough to get the druids in the back, because they have so much hp. I think I was using corrosive aoe, essential phantom, wizard minor blights, to increase my dps. Druid hiravias lightning aoe spells helped. I think I did that fight both with and without overwhelming wave spells. Much easier with the overwhelming waves, as they both do damage and stun. Perfect for hitting the druids in the back. Then keeping them stunned via lightning.

Moonwell was better healing than consecrated, due to the positioning problems. Might not have had a priest at all, just shod in faith.

Edited by Ymarsakar