Music. Must. Go on!

Blarghagh

If you're gonna die...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FL8aGnDR60A

Yes, I keep posting Iron Maiden songs.  I'm going to keep doing it too, because the best band of its generation is worth posting again and again and again and...

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

The breakdown and slow build section starting at 3:24 is so basic yet so f'n good.  Then, just as 99.999% of bands would have just called it a day and faded back into the chorus, Iron Maiden, because they're geniuses, instead take a sharp left , change tempo, and go into a next-level solo/jam session.  A heavy metal band playing by jazz rules.

2404_worship.gif

It's on the surface surprising, though it makes perfect sense once you give it deep thought, how many hard rock/metal classics incorporate free form jazz elements (timing changes, counter-builds [probably not the right term but that's what I call builds that seem to slow down as they build], instruments playing non-standard roles).

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

It's on the surface surprising, though it makes perfect sense once you give it deep thought, how many hard rock/metal classics incorporate free form jazz elements (timing changes, counter-builds [probably not the right term but that's what I call builds that seem to slow down as they build], instruments playing non-standard roles).

So this might explain why I generally dislike metal and the way electric guitars are used in general...:p

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

One of the most famous and most beloved classic jazz tunes, and for good reason.  5/4 is a seldom used and very rarely mastered timing, but boy oh boy do Dave Brubeck and Co. get it right here.

• Like 4

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

@Keyrock wonderful choice- Dave Brubeck was nothing short of a genius, and Take Five was one of the tunes I loved to play the most on my old piano.

But alas, for the time being, I've become quite fixated with W.A.S.P, and I'd like to share with you one of my fave songs from my fave album of theirs: Asylum #9- The Neon God pt1.

"I'll shrink where you think till your fears are subsided

I'm your physician-SLASH-magician of minds"

https://t.co/AzceecoBGg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUeuAnMNDhA

on the rare occasions when we take the old buick outta the garage on an unpleasantly warm sacramento summer night, we invariably drive a bit too fast and play the above song way too loud. 

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

• Like 2

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

I've now moved on to Jazzy songs from the 80's

Edited by Orogun01
  • Like 4
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif