Music. Must. Go on!

Blarghagh

I got to say I subscribed to postmodern Jukebox and I'm loving it. It really lends an air of quality to otherwise dreary music, if only because it removes all the flash and embraces the melody.

• Like 2
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

And here I wanted to share some, hm, heavy punk? music, but thanks to copyright stuff, it's no longer available on youtube. Was called "Prison" by a band called "Tau Cross", and I'd recommend to listen to it.

[edit]Oh, Bandcamp! :) http://taucross.bandcamp.com/track/prison

Edited by samm
  • Like 1

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I got to say I subscribed to postmodern Jukebox and I'm loving it. It really lends an air of quality to otherwise dreary music, if only because it removes all the flash and embraces the melody.

Well, I thought they just tended to actually sound decent, as opposed to bad like most of the original artists they cover, but that's another way of putting it, I guess. :p

@Woldan: I feel like I've heard this before...but I don't recognize the title/artist. Hm...guess that's ambiance-like electronic for you. :p I liked the sound clip at the end: I wish more electronic did that these days. Lots of electronic artists used to have those in the 90s and early 2000s (and probably farther back, but I wouldn't know about that), but it seems to have fallen out of style recently, from what I can tell. I love 'em: good way to help set the tone for and further define a song. Hope they come back in style someday.

Here's a random song off a CD compilation I own that I liked for this reason. Quiet and almost a little ambiance-like, though perhaps a little more unsettling/menacing than normal.

162 - Outside the Mosque: http://puu.sh/iQjMi/ac2e317056.mp3

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__1YLNr2aDU

is one o' the few songs we can clear recall the first time we heard it. bonham drums were like a hammer blow to the soul.  presence album is still our favorite led zeppelin.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

best song ever about competitive chess?  top three w/o a doubt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9cNtrrCP0E

had an 80s moment.  sue us.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.