Suicide Watch for Republicans and Teabaggers

ktchong

Just this last two weeks:

Pope Francis affirmed climate change, defined it a religious moral issues, and blamed capitalist greed for creating the climate crisis.

Donald Trump enters the president race and becomes a Republican candidate.  There go the GOP primaries.

The Confederate flag is being taken down from all the government buildings in the Southern states.  The Civil War is finally over.

All Confederate merchandizes are being removed from Amazon, eBay, Apple, Google, Wal-mart, all over the country and in every store, on the Internet and off.

A woman will replace Andrew Jackson and be on the $20 note, the most common paper bill - and in the lead is Harriet Tubman, an escaped slave, abolitionist and "conductor" on the so-called Underground Railroad that helped slaves escape to freedom during the 1850s. 

The Supreme Court of the United States (SCOTUS) reaffirmed Affordable Health Care, for the second time.

The US Supreme Court legalized gay marriage for all 50 states.

Abstinence spokeswoman Bristol Palin is pregnant, again, and not married, still, and the baby has a different father from the second one.

Did I miss anything?

Oh man, it's been a really, really rough couple of weeks for those poor conservatives. :dancing:

Edited by ktchong
  • Like 3

what an odd post.

most conservatives in the US is not catholic.  those that is look to the Pope's opinion on climate change the same way they would regarding a papal announcement regarding his favorite football team.  'less the Pope says that catholics go to hell if they don't sell their cars and start using public transportation, why would they care?

am not certain why most conservatives would care about Trump candidacy.  

confederate flag is more a geographical oddity and less a political one. 

25% o' American men is gop.  24% o' American women identify is gop.  why do you believe the average conservative cares whose face is on the $20 bill.  the difference between conservative and liberal is that the conservative wants to keep more of her $20 bills and the liberal believes that the government can be trusted to make better use o' more o' those 20s.  martha washington were on legal tender in the past.  the ridiculous sized sacajawea dollar didn't send conservatives into collective apoplexy save for when they accidental paid for something thinking it were worth a quarter.

obamacare surviving SCOTUS does bother many/most conservatives, but the decision is actual not bad for conservatives.  the Justices is more concerned with the integrity o' their legal philosophy than they is with politics.  a willingness o' SCOTUS to get... creative to keep legislation alive is not a bad thing for conservatives.

seems to be a misconception 'bout the Court ruling concerning same-sex marriage and why most conservatives dislike it.  oh well.  most conservatives we know ain't the least bit bothered by same-sex marriage... 'course we don't know that many religious zealots neither.

bristol palin?  okie dokie.

that being said, conservatives did get knocked outta their shoes by the SCOTUS decisions.  were a rough week for some.

am s'posing that other than the Court cases, the most significant item on your list were the removal o' various Confederate items from major retailers, 'cause that sudden made such items more expensive. we kid.  is no significant item on the list other than the cases.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir
  • Like 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Shame about the 20 dollar bill though, Andrew Jackson is one of my favorite presidents for the same reason that he probably is being pushed out of the bill: He kicked out the Jews that run the Federal Reserve from the US.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

wow.  this thread went all codex right from the start. am gonna suggest it be locked as some folks can't seem to control their more embarrassing impulses.

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I thought it was the $10 bill that was getting a woman and even then they were saying they'd keep an image of Hamilton on it too. The woman on the $20 bill was a private initiative as far as I heard/know.

Jackson is definitely on my list of most hated though

Edited by ShadySands

Free games updated 3/4/21

hamilton and jackson would both be on our list o' most detestable American political figures.  that being said, Gromnir's list would raise eyebrows seeing as how we got lincoln and jefferson on our list too... though jefferson is on 'cause o' his Presidency alone. 

lincoln's Presidency did more to limit personal freedoms o' Americans than any before or after, which is kinda ironic given that he were also the great emancipator.  yeah, the civil war were terrible, and no president woulda' emerged with his hands clean from that conflict, but the way he trampled on the Constitution during the war is overlooked by your average school teacher and more than a few scholars.

jefferson were a kook and a hypocrite.  kookiness were no big deal, but his abuses o' executive authority were legion.  

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 3

Never forget: Trail of Tears.

I won't have anyone here giving lip to Thomas Paine, though.

Edited by Agiel
  • Like 1
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

My understanding is that the 10 was being revised anyway, which was why they suggested putting a woman on that one before the others. Then the financial people suggested the 20 because Jackson opposed the federal reserve so he shouldn't be on money or something.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

hamilton and jackson would both be on our list o' most detestable American political figures.  that being said, Gromnir's list would raise eyebrows seeing as how we got lincoln and jefferson on our list too... though jefferson is on 'cause o' his Presidency alone. 

lincoln's Presidency did more to limit personal freedoms o' Americans than any before or after, which is kinda ironic given that he were also the great emancipator.  yeah, the civil war were terrible, and no president woulda' emerged with his hands clean from that conflict, but the way he trampled on the Constitution during the war is overlooked by your average school teacher and more than a few scholars.

jefferson were a kook and a hypocrite.  kookiness were no big deal, but his abuses o' executive authority were legion.  

HA! Good Fun!

I have Woodrow Wilson

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Apparently Andrew Jackson was VERY proud being the guy that "killed the bank". So i found it more an insult of his legacy to be on a federal reserve bill than anything. 

Also as with every time you try highlight some historical figures you get into that little trouble of comparing them to modern day moral standards. Some people seem to have quite the difficulty accepting that these heroes had ideas and values that could be quite revolting. 

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy