Weather conditions - applicable?

Messier-31

Question

I played quite a reasonable amount of time in the game (but had not finished it) and there is this thing that bugs me a bit. All this luscious and fertile land, yet no rainfall. I would like to see some rainfall from time to time. Maybe some snowing in the upcoming White March? Pillars of Eternity is heavily influenced on IE games, Baldur's Gate being the first of them to come out. And in all BG installments there were changing weather conditions.

dfgeg45.jpg

Rain would fall on all of the outdoor locations in BG, and some snow was possible while adventuring on the southermost regions of the world-map. Not to mention the slight possibility of a random lightning hitting suddenly a character from the sky - t'was hilarious. Although the image is from a BG:EE version of the game (the only I could find online) this would happen in the original vanilla game from 1998.

2wmjqtw.jpg

So, is it possible to throw such a feature into the PoE game engine? Even though there was no rain in the base campaign of Fallout New Vegas, Obsidian somehow managed to add rainfall in Honest Hearts - yay! It would be awesome to see it happen in Eora!

Or am I asking too much?

Cheers!

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

2 answers to this question

I think it was discussed way back, and that it was theoretically possible, but that it wouldn't make it into the game, unfortunately.

Personally, I hope it's patched in at some point, perhaps after a sequel, because I'm a sucker for weather effects. But before then, I'd like a lot more wilderness areas to be added.

t50aJUd.jpg

Hello, all.  There are some areas in the game that have weather.  Currently there is no dynamic weather and no real plans to add it, though it has been discussed in the past as something that would be cool to add in the future.  The thread I found on the topic is here, post #8 is from one of our developers.  Thanks for your ongoing support.

• Like 1

- Refer to this thread if you are having trouble finding any information I requested http://forums.obsidi...eport-an-issue/