Devil of Caroc Question

I expect DoC will have some item slots locked, to make up for decent built-in abilities.

• Like 1

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

• 1 month later...

Figured I'd bump my old thread since the expansion is about to come out.

Once the expansion does come out, somebody do me a favour and post Devil Of Caroc's starting deflection & DR, interested to see if shes different than normal rogues. Also let me know what you can and cannot equip on her. 

Edited by Gary1986

I rememer Josh's saying in a recent interview that you cannot equip armor on her because her body is armor; however, you can upgrade her body.

• Like 3

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Would it be too unbalanced if she were to have the defense of plate armor without any of the speed penalties --since she is essentially wearing only her "skin."

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

I rememer Josh's saying in a recent interview that you cannot equip armor on her because her body is armor; however, you can upgrade her body.

Can she equip belts/necklaces/gauntlets/rings/capes?

Also how do you upgrade her body?  

Don't think he mentioned that, but we'll find out in four days anyway :)

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

if you make regular oil changes on her, she'll be okay and won't play the squeaky wheel. Make sure you use premium polish on her metal body and she'll shine. If your mechanic skill is high enough you could find and push all the buttons on her body in the right order and you'll uncover her mystery, eventually her body will then magically transform into that of a young nymph and in white march 2 you'll get to romance her. :yes:

Would it be too unbalanced if she were to have the defense of plate armor without any of the speed penalties --since she is essentially wearing only her "skin."

I don't doubt that, through upgrades, plate-like DR would eventually be available.

i do wonder what effects her. Potions don't work on her, and healing spells? There's no wounds to heal. The main char probably will have to repair her after battle? Does stun/slow even work on her? Can her soul be confused/charmed? Perhaps she's immune to most magic and the upgrades would let her regenerate during combat or just raise her defensive stats (through better coordination soul/metal body)?

Since constructs in PoE have souls, I would expect them to be affected normally by most spells.

Healing spells don't specify that they can only heal biological tissue.

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

I've been wondering about that as well. At the same time, I guess the lost armor slot will be controlled via a custom race trait that will try to balance things with other adjustments.

My guess would be that josh meant with upgrading that she will get an inherent fine/exceptional/superb equivalent buff to her deflection, not that the DR will rise over time.

i do wonder what effects her. Potions don't work on her, and healing spells? There's no wounds to heal. The main char probably will have to repair her after battle? Does stun/slow even work on her? Can her soul be confused/charmed? Perhaps she's immune to most magic and the upgrades would let her regenerate during combat or just raise her defensive stats (through better coordination soul/metal body)?

I don't think they made that much effort into alienating here from the normal game mechanics. Probably the only change will be the loss of armor slot with everything else playing out exactly the same.

So can she equip accessories?

Only handbags.

Very impressed.  Whats her base deflection? Also what DR does her armor give?

Enemy males within 10m fall into an ogle state causing a 50% increase in recovery speed...

• Like 2

Nomadic Wayfarer of the Obsidian Order

Not all those that wander are lost...

i dont play this game, but found this on the net, perhaps that's what you're looking for (no clue if that's her base stats though)

poe_devilofcaroc.jpg