I've been waiting for this game to be "done" so I can play it, but still it seems every 2-3 weeks there is a patch on the way, and yet again I read about another today that's going to add much needed features (that should have been included at release) like single character stealth and party member AI. Is this game going to be a work in progress?

I've been waiting for this game to be "done" so I can play it, but still it seems every 2-3 weeks there is a patch on the way, and yet again I read about another today that's going to add much needed features (that should have been included at release) like single character stealth and party member AI. Is this game going to be a work in progress?

It's software development, you don't get "everything" implemented at release. If you really want to wait until the game is "done", come back next year.

If you're willing to accept that there will be patching up to the release of the second part of the expansion at least, then start now (or after 2.0).

I guess do what Gromnir usually does, wait six months after the release of the game? You've got three more months to go.

Heya,

I just bought it off Steam and played through it completely once (v1.06). I had no issues, not enough bug stuff to stop anything or break the game. Seems stable enough. I would not wait 2 years. I would just play it now and enjoy. You can play again after the expansion is released too.

Very best,

• Like 4

Personally, I am happy to wait for the complete game. I haven't even played D:OS and WL2 despite owning them both since release. I fully expect to wait at least a year to play this but can't wait to enjoy the complete experience :)

There is always another patch. Game designers can't resist the urge to tinker with balance, add new features, and introduce as many new bugs as they fix old ones.

PoE is fully playable now, bugs are rare enough that you are unlikely to notice any, there is no reason to wait.

Edited by Fardragon
  • Like 1

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

Plus, there aren't any publishers to tell them that they can't release any more updates.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

My guess is we will get patch 2.0 for the core game and then at least one more patch for the Expansion Part 1.   

The game is quite playable as it is now at least on Windows.

I have but one enemy: myself  - Drow saying

nakia_banner.jpg

My psychiatrist also said "life is too short to wait". So i pre-ordered. I mean who knows, i might not live to see patch v2.0 for whatever divine reasons. So i'm enjoying my v1.6 like there's no tomorrow. I say play it while you're still able. Who knows what tomorrow will bring. Right? Yep! Later.

Edited by Forlani101

Well, there surely will be Patch 2.0, which comes with the expansion.

Then, probably, patch 2.01, fixing bugs in 2.0.

Then I'd guess 2.5, for the second half of the expansion,

and 2.51 for fixing bugs in it.

Plus an unspecified amount of patches in between.

(Numbering scheme may not coincide with reality. wink.png)

Really, ongoing support is a good thing. In the second best of all worlds, we still would be seeing patches for games from the 90s.

If you've got the time, just start playing.

If you've got no time now, or if you know for certain, even without playing, that you absolutely cannot live without stealth and accuracy indicators, wait till 2.0.

Don't wait much longer, though. wink.png

Edited by Varana

Therefore I have sailed the seas and come

To the holy city of Byzantium. -W.B. Yeats

Χριστός ἀνέστη!

snip

Then, probably, patch 2.01, fixing bugs in 2.0.

Really, ongoing support is a good thing. In the second best of all worlds, we still would be seeing patches for games from the 90s.

snip 

:no: Not if yo're playing TES games.  Then wait for the unofficial patch for the game.   Nakia retires to continue playing PoE.

Edited by Nakia

I have but one enemy: myself  - Drow saying

nakia_banner.jpg

Try this time next year, and even that is not guaranteed. They will keep patching it as long they are making expansions at least and we know at least 2 are coming, and not even the first is out yet obviously.

If they go the Wasteland 2 route, you may as well wait a full year and go for the Remastered edition.

My psychiatrist also said "life is too short to wait". So i pre-ordered. I mean who knows, i might not live to see patch v2.0 for whatever divine reasons. So i'm enjoying my v1.6 like there's no tomorrow. I say play it while you're still able. Who knows what tomorrow will bring. Right? Yep! Later.

This just in - tomorrow has been cancelled - currently set to take effect right after the last patch is released. :disguise:

Nomadic Wayfarer of the Obsidian Order

Not all those that wander are lost...

This just in - tomorrow has been cancelled - currently set to take effect right after the last patch is released. :disguise:

Long as i can get my happy pills beforehand then I'm cool with it.

Multiple patches to improve the game and increase stability doesn't bother me at all as I haven't even played PoE yet so when I do I think many issues people have raised will be resolved  :geek:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela