[1.06] "Slow" 2H weapons are as fast as "Average" 1H weapons

AndreaColombo

Question

Two-handed weapons with a listed speed of "Slow" actually attack at the same speed as one-handed weapons with a listed speed of "Average."

SAVED GAME: link

REPRO STEPS:

Load the attached saved game.

Select the two naked women (named "Druid 1" and "Druid 2"), go to their character sheet, and observe they both have the same DEX score.

Go to their inventory and observe that one of them is wielding a Great Sword (two handed, "Slow" speed.); the other, a Sword (one handed; "Average" speed.)

Back to the game, pause, and order the two naked women to attack the character in the middle (the death godlike wearing the Sanguine Plate) so that when you unpause the game, they'll start attacking simultaneously.

Observe that the women's attacks are perfectly synchronized even though the Great Sword is supposed to be slower.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

6 answers to this question

Hi Aarik D,

here is my output log: link.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Ha, I was trying to find some more info about this.

I'm starting to think it's a labeling error. They are average since beta and even that early action/recovery concept table had them at same speed as 1h weapons...

On a similar note, does anyone remember the attack speeds of bows from previous patches? Hunting bows are of average speed and war bows slow, yet their descriptions say fast and average respectively. Hunting bows used to say "average" but in 1.03 notes it said that they were labeled wrong and changed it to say "fast". So was the attack speed of bows nerfed since then or was the patch wrong in changing hunting bows' description instead of war bows'?

Or did I completely miss the mark and the weapon speeds aren't supposed to be comparable between ranged and melee weapons.

And also is there some way to set reloads to 0 to check the speeds of reloadable weapons too?

While you can not really compare melee and ranged weapon speeds, hunter bow is 50% faster then warbow, in similar way how fast melee weapons are 50% faster then average (and slow) melee weapons.

On the other hand, speed of hunter bow is exactly the same as the speed on average/slow melee weapon used one handed.

Spell Fixes compilation for Neverwinter Nights 2, as well as my other submissions for this great game.