DVD Patches Are Live

Hey, everyone. We have updates live for the DVD version of the game. You can find the updates here. In the future this page will always have the latest updates available and should update any DVD version of the game to the latest version when run.

On Windows and OSX you can start the update by running the files. For Linux, installation instructions are available inside the tarball.

• Like 5

Hey, everyone. We have updates live for the DVD version of the game. You can find the updates here. In the future this page will always have the latest updates available and should update any DVD version of the game to the latest version when run.

On Windows and OSX you can start the update by running the files. For Linux, installation instructions are available inside the tarball.

This of course seems semi-sensible as the Steam version of the game is thankfully free of any Steam DRM (Steam doesn't have to be running to launch and play the game), and of course the GOG version has no DRM, either.   In light of that fact I'm having a spot of trouble understanding why everyone who wants to can't perform his upgrades directly from Obsidian if he prefers...?  (I am very appreciative and give massive kudos to Obsidian for releasing the game through Steam with no DRM!)  Just wondering if it's maybe an issue for your update servers...?  I can understand wanting to share that load.  Or perhaps you want to cut down piracy, too, I suppose, by linking updates to established Steam and Gog account purchases...(I suspect I just answered my own query.) 

Anyway, thanks much for the Steam DRM-less release.  I only wish all game devs were as enlightened as Obsidian...(Witcher 3 is also DRM-less through Steam, but most of my Steam Library requires that Steam be running or else that I be in offline mode, so it's refreshing not to have to jump through that hoop just to fire up the game.)

It's very well known that I don't make mistakes, so if you should stumble across the odd error here and there in what I have written, you may immediately deduce--quite correctly--that I did not write it... :biggrin:

Each platform (Steam, GOG, DVD) uses its own packaging system, and needs specially tailored patches.

You *might* be able to use the DVD patches on the Steam version, but the Steam client will just go crazy about it.

You probably can use these patches on the GOG version without problem.

I’ll probably run some tests with DVD patches + GOG version, as it would avoid me a lot of work on my unofficial patches for the Linux GOG version.

-----

Arf, just realized it won’t avoid me any work at all actually: I guess only backers have access to the DVD patches, while the ones I build are intended to be used by *any* GOG user, backer or not.

-----

Looks like I was wrong: DVD patches are publicly available.

Now it’s time to find some way to have them work with GOG version, so I might find a way to use this to improve my patch building process.

Edited by vv221
  • Like 1

Thanks for making this patch available for download.  I backed a physical edition on the Kickstarter page and I was worried that us DVD version players weren't getting patches as quickly as the GOG.com and Steam versions.

FYI: Make sure you run the patch with administrator privileges or it won't work.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Will we be seeing patch 2.0 on the downloads/patch page soon?

Hey, wanderon. We are currently making a 2.01 patch for the base game and the expansion. I hope that we can release it before the end of the week for you guys.

• Like 3

Will we be seeing patch 2.0 on the downloads/patch page soon?

Hey, wanderon. We are currently making a 2.01 patch for the base game and the expansion. I hope that we can release it before the end of the week for you guys.

Will this patch have the new party AI feature?

• 2 weeks later...

I am a bit disappointed that the patch isn't there. But I am even more disappointed that there is no communication, or at least I can't find it.

You said last week. It isn't there. That is OK, things can take longer, but could somebody please tell us waiting people about it.

"Sorry, ran into problems, we will try next week." And all would be well.

But having to wait two to three weeks, and counting, longer than the others and no communication is sad.

If I am the Problem in not finding the patch or the communication forget the last part and please give me the links ;)

• Like 1

I heard a pretty substantiated rumor that 2.2 is close to release now - are we making any more progress on getting it to DVD owners?

Yes! We had issues with making this patch due to a bug in the "history" feature works with our patching software for making incremental patches between 1.04 and 1.06 to 2.01. We are currently working on rebuilding patches for 2.01 for standalone users and testing them out on our side. Sorry about the delay - we would like these out as soon as we can on our side too. Thanks for your patience and support - it should go much more quickly the next time around.

• Like 1

Follow me on twitter - @adam_brennecke