Adding abilities of one class to another/Questions- - PoE

Hi, quick question: Is it possible to add abilities of one class to another? If so, how to do it properly.

I've already added sneak attack and backstab (passives from rogue) on a cipher

I now want to add abilities such as mental binding to a rogue, it was added but i can't find it on the hotbar (the boxes that allows you to click abilities - don't know the name)

- also i want to take off the purple glowing thing on a cipher (soul whip effect) when attacking. How is this possible?

Playing on a Mac Air Late 2014 model (?)

Thanks and please no 'play the game properly' cause I'm playing it more for roleplaying.

There are only a very few "cross-class" abilities getting added. Probably no more than one per class. Don't count on getting sneak attack.

If you get a spell like ability it will automatically be added to your hot bar, just as it is for items that grant spells at the moment.

It isn't.

Edited by Fardragon

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

Class Abilities are easy to add, but Class Features is - as far as I'm aware - impossible to add. This means that although it'd be easy to add Mental Binding to a Rogue, without Focus, it wouldn't work. The same goes for spells. You can give any character access to, say, Magic Missiles, but without a spellbook, that won't do you any good, afaik.

t50aJUd.jpg

On the contrary, you already can give any spell to any class, via "spellbinding" items. The Cypher spell "Whispers of Treason" is already confirmed. It will simply be per day usage, rather than using focus.

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

On the contrary, you already can give any spell to any class, via "spellbinding" items. The Cypher spell "Whispers of Treason" is already confirmed. It will simply be per day usage, rather than using focus.

I was talking in the context of the OP, which speaks of adding Abilities and Talents from one class to another, presumably through the console, such as adding the Rogue Sneak Attack (Rogue base Ability) and Backstab (Rogue Talent).

Yeah, it's mechanically possible to create spellbinding items and such, but not via the console, afaik, and no way to transplant from one character onto another.

t50aJUd.jpg

I was assuming the OP was talking about upcoming abilities, not hacks. It would presumably possible to create a spellbound item in by editing game files, and it may be that "per day" versions of most spells and abilities already exist somewhere in the code.