Update #99: Announcing the Expansion and Update 2.0

15 USD for part I; 25 USD for both parts.

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

As above.

"People dislike the popular because it's crap"

"HTH. Because it means I can talk down to you some more."

"I can do you a quote a day, but you'll have to pay. Preferably with suicide."

"You want original? Why? It's not as though that's ever touched your life before."

"A woman scorned is a fun thing. Let's boogie."

Will keys be generated for us kickstarter backers tomorrow on the backer site, or how will that work?

I see no reason to think otherwise. It's how we were given the GOG and Steam keys for the base game. I can't see any reason they would do it differently for the expansion - especially since there's an entry in the Products tab for the expansion if you pledged at that level.

Will keys be generated for us kickstarter backers tomorrow on the backer site, or how will that work?

I see no reason to think otherwise. It's how we were given the GOG and Steam keys for the base game. I can't see any reason they would do it differently for the expansion - especially since there's an entry in the Products tab for the expansion if you pledged at that level.

An entry that they altered in the last few days to show the White March logo, say it is coming on August 25th and give a short summary of what the expansion will add, so I expect so. I am a bit more wondering how they will handle Part II when that comes, though - will it be able to use the same tab to add a new redemption code, could a new tab be added to Products, or will Obsidian have to use some other workaround? Still, that is months into the future.

I remember reading 7 A.M. PST for Steam on Twitter, but I wouldn't stake my life on it.

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

I remember reading 7 A.M. PST for Steam on Twitter, but I wouldn't stake my life on it.

7 A.M PST - 4 pm local time. Need to download on dinosaur internet speeds. Work tomorrow.

Aaaaaarrrrrghgghghghghgh that means  I'm only going to get to play tomorrow night!

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

Well, 7 AM PST translates to 4 PM in my time, where GOG pushes some of their updates. So in principal it would be possible to release it simultaneously on all platforms today if 7 AM PST is true.

Then again there is the question about the patch 2.0 - GOG usually needs a couple of days to adjust patches, so going by that it might be later (would be strange if they could release the expansion but not the patch).

Anyway, I just realized I'm screwed today either way - even if GOG releases today, Obsidian probably won't unlock the codes until much later (which would be my evening). Then given my slow internet it will take forever to download the expansion and by the time it's done I can get to sleep to be able to work tomorrow . :(

• Like 1