Update #99: Announcing the Expansion and Update 2.0

So BAdler hows the beta build coming along? Is it on track to be released today still?

Not well. It is a tricky thing trying to pull apart the base game files from the expansion right now. We are trying to prevent story elements from leaking out before the expansion's release so we are Frankensteining a build together. There are a few things that came back from testing that need to be removed (or strings that need to be added), so unfortunately it won't be up until tomorrow at the latest.

I will give you guys an update tomorrow whether we are going to push it live or not.

Sorry, guys.

No problems dude. Take your time.

• Like 1

Thanks for the update, BAdler.  I would have it done right than get it done wrong.  Much rather.  Don't rush it out until you are ready. 

• Like 2

I have but one enemy: myself  - Drow saying

nakia_banner.jpg

Is there a chance for respect option? At least for abilities, talents, skills, spells. And for NPC.

Maybe as stronghold upgrade? Trainer near arena or something.

The alternative would be that when you find companion it has set only 1st level, and after that has just XP, so player need to pick stuff from level 1 to now.

Edited by evilcat

Is there a chance for respect option? At least for abilities, talents, skills, spells. And for NPC.

The alternative would be that when you find companion it has set only 1st level, and after that has just XP, so player need to pick stuff from level 1 to now.

Respec is coming with the expansion / patch 2.0.

Starting companions at LVL1 is already available, but you have to enable it in the options menu.

• Like 1

Respec is coming with the expansion / patch 2.0.

Starting companions at LVL1 is already available, but you have to enable it in the options menu.

Thanks, i havent noticed this tickbox. That helps a lot.

There was a build failure this morning (looks like the build machine may have run out of memory during the build process). We fired off another build this morning and it just fully completed all OSes. QA has looked through the win build and it seems like it may be good for upload later this afternoon (5 or 6 PST). We are currently running a culling process, then we will get it up on Steam for our QA folks to play for a bit. If all goes well I should be able to make the beta available before I go home tonight.

I will keep everyone posted.

• Like 3

There was a build failure this morning (looks like the build machine may have run out of memory during the build process). We fired off another build this morning and it just fully completed all OSes. QA has looked through the win build and it seems like it may be good for upload later this afternoon (5 or 6 PST). We are currently running a culling process, then we will get it up on Steam for our QA folks to play for a bit. If all goes well I should be able to make the beta available before I go home tonight.

1376023774_dancing%20charlie%20murphy%20

• Like 1

Looking forward to the change log :D

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

What is becoming a running theme, there was a critical bug introduced from yesterday's build. The long and short is that you can't add spells to your grimoire. It has been fixed, but it will require a rebuild. It is almost certain that we won't have a build ready for testing before QA would have to leave for the day.

Looking like tomorrow, folks. We will fire off the build tonight anyways as a backup in case there is a problem tomorrow morning during the build process.

Thanks for the patience.

• Like 2

What is becoming a running theme, there was a critical bug introduced from yesterday's build. The long and short is that you can't add spells to your grimoire. It has been fixed, but it will require a rebuild. It is almost certain that we won't have a build ready for testing before QA would have to leave for the day.

Looking like tomorrow, folks. We will fire off the build tonight anyways as a backup in case there is a problem tomorrow morning during the build process.

Thanks for the patience.

No problems. Around what time do you think you'll have it up by tomorrow?  I got some free time tomorrow (but i live in a different time zone) so I'm gonna try plan on getting a few hours playing.

Edited by Gary1986

Speaking of, it is going to be missing tons of changes. Our code base was recombined after our last patch so it is very difficult to pull out fixes from it. Most of the larger fixes are listed, but many of the smaller changes/fixes were not included.

We will release the change log when the beta update is released, but we will be updating it before it goes live.

• Like 3

Thanks for the patience.

No problems. Around what time do you think you'll have it up by tomorrow?  I got some free time tomorrow (but i live in a different time zone) so I'm gonna try plan on getting a few hours playing.

It could be early (if tonight's build is good), but I wouldn't get my hopes up since we sometimes don't catch issues until a few hours of testing goes by.

• Like 2

Speaking of, it is going to be missing tons of changes. Our code base was recombined after our last patch so it is very difficult to pull out fixes from it. Most of the larger fixes are listed, but many of the smaller changes/fixes were not included.

We will release the change log when the beta update is released, but we will be updating it before it goes live.

No worries, take your time. Any chance on spoiling some highlights not mentioned in the white march trailer to make us hyped in the meantime?

• Like 1

Will we be seeing the perception changes? Or the Con buff? Or the companion buffs? Pretty hyped for this beta patch

Please, BAdler, don't feel you have to push the update beta out because of our impatience.  Most of us know or shouldknow that development is not a simple job and that any change made can introduce a bug.  Which is why when I see people constantly requesting changes I get both annoyed and nervous.  Sure there are some things that I might like added or changed but if they are worth doing they are worth doing right.   Hopefully there will be a sequel and some of the good suggestions that people have made will be incorporated into that.  Now the important thing to  me is to have a stable game that I can enjoy.  PoE is a great game.

Thank you to all the hard work the OE developers have done and are doing.

• Like 6

nakia_banner.jpg

Please, BAdler, don't feel you have to push the update beta out because of our impatience.  Most of us know or shouldknow that development is not a simple job and that any change made can introduce a bug.  Which is why when I see people constantly requesting changes I get both annoyed and nervous.  Sure there are some things that I might like added or changed but if they are worth doing they are worth doing right.   Hopefully there will be a sequel and some of the good suggestions that people have made will be incorporated into that.  Now the important thing to  me is to have a stable game that I can enjoy.  PoE is a great game.

Thank you to all the hard work the OE developers have done and are doing.

This.

All this very much.

• Like 3

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

They should have released it with the spell bug. After all it's a beta and only some people will install it.

I disagree.  If you know a program has bug you fix the bug before making a public release of any kind.  OE has no control over my computer or any software I have installed.  It is quite possible the bug they have could break my game thus frustrating me and thereby aggravating unnecessarily a customer and backer.  They do not need to allow us to participate in the beta.  That is a courtesy they grant to those who wish to do so not an obligation on OE's part.  Yes, it can be helpful to them but it can I am sure also be a pit of a pain when they get people reporting false bugs.

BAdler is keeping us informed let us give him the same respect that he is giving us, please.

Edited by Nakia
  • Like 4

nakia_banner.jpg

Guest FlorianGh

They should have released it with the spell bug. After all it's a beta and only some people will install it.

I disagree.  If you know a program has bug you fix the bug before making a public release of any kind.  OE has no control over my computer or any software I have installed.  It is quite possible the bug they have could break my game thus frustrating me and thereby aggravating unnecessarily a customer and backer.  They do not need to allow us to participate in the beta.  That is a courtesy they grant to those who wish to do so not an obligation on OE's part.  Yes, it can be helpful to them but it can I am sure also be a pit of a pain when they get people reporting false bugs.

BAdler is keeping us informed let us give him the same respect that he is giving us, please.

Fingers crossed for good news then! it's morning in CA :D

I see no reason why it wouldn't; it's already in, so they' basically have to manually remove it for it to be absent.

Also it looks like the expansion will be out on 25th August:

http://www.gamershell.com/companies/paradox_interactive/1462933.html

• Like 2