Lay on Hands, Exhortations and enemy Disengagement.

Hey guys!  So I play my Paladin as of one of 2 main tanks.  Most of the time If I cast a Lay on Hands or an Exhortation the enemy will disengage and run to my back line  This will leave me in situations where there are A LOT of enemies (PoTD Trial of Iron) and I could use a Lay on Hands on an ally but don't for fear of disengagement.  Some decent enemy AI (I know people say its dumb in PoE but its better then other games for sure).  How do you guys who play Paladin tanks handle this? I guess you could not take any Exhortations on the build or LoH. but that leaves with taking a few passives, Flames of Devotion which is terrible for tank builds as you do low damage anyway and all 3 auras.

Have gun will travel.

Ya I don't ALWAYS have this problem and ya I usually don't  have it when my backline is 15m out.  I have a blunderbuss/pistol rogue so he is only 8m out.   Probably the issue.  Maybe my formation is to close together.

Have gun will travel.

I didn't take LoH because the range is too small IMHO, so it causes this problem unless you are using it on yourself or another front-liner. Exhortations have a longer range, and I haven't had this problem with them. I prefer to take Exhortations but not LoH. That's a good compromise that will leave you with just the right amount of good talent options.

PS Into the Fray seemed nice for Eder as a tank, until I got it on one of my runs and was hugely disappointed, also because of its small range. The only times I found it would be nice to bring an enemy closer, it was out of range of the ability.

Edited by Nobear
  • Like 1

I didn't take LoH because the range is too small IMHO, so it causes this problem unless you are using it on yourself or another front-liner. Exhortations have a longer range, and I haven't had this problem with them. I prefer to take Exhortations but not LoH. That's a good compromise that will leave you with just the right amount of good talent options.

PS Into the Fray seemed nice for Eder as a tank, until I got it on one of my runs and was hugely disappointed, also because of its small range. The only times I found it would be nice to bring an enemy closer, it was out of range of the ability.

Ya man that's my biggest issue with LoH the range is awful.  So its either a self heal/front line heal or you have to move.  Thing is at level one with a tank build FoD is so damn lack luster I rather have a self heal/heal my front liner over it.  You just aren't going to hit hard with it unless you specifically spec for damage no matter how good your Might is. Armor Penetration and high might with dex is a must.  Meaning you cant spec as a tank.  If you are going full tank mode you don't spec armor pen.  I guess you could have a firearm as your back up weapon and open every fight with a FoD Arquebus/Pistol shot.

And ya Exhortations don't give me this issue either.

Edited by Torm51

Have gun will travel.