Gunner Talent Question

Quick question. 

Does the Gunner Talent speed up the reload of Crossbows? Or just guns?

Quick Edit: So i dont have to make a new thread, does Two Handed Weapon style talent also apply 15% damage to guns/crossbows? (considering they are technically two handed.

Edited by Gary1986

1. Gunner speeds up reload for crossbows and guns.
  2. Two Handed style only works with melee weapons.

This.

Gunner speeds up reload time. That's all. It's not weapon-specific in any way. It's got a reload time, it's affected.

This means Crossbows, Arbalests, Blunderbi, Pistols, and Arquebi.

And yes, Two-Handed Style only works for Two-Handed Melee weapons.

Oddly enough, on the note of styles, One-Handed Style works with shields, though, and stacks with Shield and Weapon Style, and is actually far better for shielders than it is for actual duelists (partly because the One-Handed Style Talent is horrific for duelists, but also because shielders will be getting a lot more grazes). Most have recognized it as a bug, but given that it's still not fixed (to the best of my knowledge), one has to wonder if it's not intentional, but it's incredibly inconsistent.

Edited by Luckmann

t50aJUd.jpg

Oddly enough, on the note of styles, One-Handed Style works with shields, though, and stacks with Shield and Weapon Style, and is actually far better for shielders than it is for actual duelists 

Just to be clear - are you using "duelist" here to mean "someone fighting with two one-handed weapons"?

Oddly enough, on the note of styles, One-Handed Style works with shields, though, and stacks with Shield and Weapon Style, and is actually far better for shielders than it is for actual duelists 

Just to be clear - are you using "duelist" here to mean "someone fighting with two one-handed weapons"?

No, that's dual-wielding. Duelists fight with one one-handed weapon and a free offhand.

t50aJUd.jpg

Regarding One Handed Style, the effects seem to be intentional. I just think the wording of the talent itself is unclear and needs to be reviewed. Also, duelists need some type of real benefit; a percentage of hits to crits would be good imo, since single handed w/o shields will be hitting more often.

Regarding One Handed Style, the effects seem to be intentional. I just think the wording of the talent itself is unclear and needs to be reviewed. Also, duelists need some type of real benefit; a percentage of hits to crits would be good imo, since single handed w/o shields will be hitting more often.

I don't think it's intentional, because there are four distinct weapon styles for three distinct types of weaponry usage; two-handed weapons, shield and weapon, dual-wielding, and single weapon. To have some of them work together is very odd, and messes with some very common default assumptions that actually doesn't need to be messed with at all.

But if I'm wrong - and I very well could be, because at this point, you'd think it would've been fixed by now if it wasn't intentional - then you're right that the wording is unclear and should be reviewed to clarify.

There's been a couple of good discussions on the topic of the One-Weapon-Style Talent, and there's been a couple of good suggestions. I think adding Hit-to-Crit percentage isn't necessarily the best or more interesting, but at least it would favour people that actually stick to the One-Weapon-Style (as in Duelists) rather than being far better for Weapon-and-Shield-ers.

To me, getting the One-Handed-Style Talent bonus when using a Shield in your off-hand makes as much sense as if you'd get it while dual-wielding. Your off-hand is occupied with a shield, just like it's occupied by a weapon while dual-wielding, and you shouldn't get the bonus.

t50aJUd.jpg