Can we get "delete" save option moved to not be near "save" option?

To explain.

In more then one occasion, usually when very tired, instead saving the game, by replacing existing save with the new one, I accidentally deleted save instead.

Usually, next date I'm like... what? where did my save go.

Luckily, I do quick saves very often, so no progress is lost.

But still...

1) Both options are just next to each other

2) Both have very similar prompt with "accept" and "cancel"

3) It is very easy, if you are tired, to delete save by mistake

Spell Fixes compilation for Neverwinter Nights 2, as well as my other submissions for this great game.

To explain.

In more then one occasion, usually when very tired, instead saving the game, by replacing existing save with the new one, I accidentally deleted save instead.

Usually, next date I'm like... what? where did my save go.

Luckily, I do quick saves very often, so no progress is lost.

But still...

1) Both options are just next to each other

2) Both have very similar prompt with "accept" and "cancel"

3) It is very easy, if you are tired, to delete save by mistake

Suggestion: when you save, pay attention to what buttons you push--saving and loading are powerful tools.  Or, just use the Quicksave key...Also, when you try to overwrite a save you get another pop-up asking you if you are sure...this is your cue to say no if you don't mean to save. When you load a game from a game in progress, you get another pop-up that asks you if you mean to lose your present game, etc.  If being tired means you can no longer read the words in the pop-ups, then I'd suggest you not play until you're rested.

Edited by waltc
  • Like 2

It's very well known that I don't make mistakes, so if you should stumble across the odd error here and there in what I have written, you may immediately deduce--quite correctly--that I did not write it... :biggrin:

Suggestion: when you save, pay attention to what buttons you push--saving and loading are powerful tools.  Or, just use the Quicksave key...Also, when you try to overwrite a save you get another pop-up asking you if you are sure...this is your cue to say no if you don't mean to save. When you load a game from a game in progress, you get another pop-up that asks you if you mean to lose your present game, etc.  If being tired means you can no longer read the words in the pop-ups, then I'd suggest you not play until you're rested.

I do use quicksave. That's why up til now to real damage was done.

Regarding being tired, yep that is the reason to stop the session. But before stopping you do need to save. Right? You can now just go to sleep and save tomorrow.

As for pop-ups, they are in theory good way to prevent unintended action, but when you always have pop-up for some action, like overwritting the save, people just stop noticing or reading them. And that is why it is dangerous to have both options right near each other, with same looking pop-up. If you click wrong button and do not read the popup, you delete instead of overwritting the save. And in this case, it is double damage, you both lose old save and do not make new save. Luckly, I do use quicksaves often, so it is mostly just me feeling stupid next day.

Spell Fixes compilation for Neverwinter Nights 2, as well as my other submissions for this great game.