You guys gotta tell me how you got wael's boon

Because this guy is appearing in the last dungeon spot past the first shadow drake and telling me about his master plan but in the end I get no boon or option to agree with his plans. I put the scroll in the skull as he demanded if that helps from his DB quest. I also took no boons from the other gods and went down there but he doesn't budge. Alternatively, I also took a boon and went down there and he still appears but it's the same deal.

Have any of you triggered and obtained his boon in 1.06? Am I missing something?

Also this is a bit off topic but what's the point of skaen giving you his boon AFTER you took down the final boss if you agree with his plans?

Edited by Dinky Dino

I tried for Wael's Boon back in 1.05 (could have been early as 1.04?) with my priest of Wael and no dice.

I hid the scroll as requested, accepted no other boon from any other god (though I did complete all their quests~) jumped into the pit, and while Wael did indeed show up there was no way to actually recieve his/her boon through conversation. My guess is that Wael's Boon is probably cut content...?... and that the wiki is wrong.

As for your second question: ROLEPLAYING!

• Like 1

I tried for Wael's Boon back in 1.05 (could have been early as 1.04?) with my priest of Wael and no dice.

I hid the scroll as requested, accepted no other boon from any other god (though I did complete all their quests~) jumped into the pit, and while Wael did indeed show up there was no way to actually recieve his/her boon through conversation. My guess is that Wael's Boon is probably cut content...?... and that the wiki is wrong.

As for your second question: ROLEPLAYING!

Well thanks for saving me the time to go try the priest wael thing. I also pushed wael on hiravias in his side quest but same old results as well.

Edited by Dinky Dino

Incedentally...I took Hiravias along through the final dungeon on that (and subsequent) games and while he is like, super-stoked to meet Wael, there is no additional conversation option/boon receiving. Obviously, I pushed Hiravias towards Wael on that playthrough because: ROLEPLAYING!

• Like 2

I got the boon without issue in 1.05.

In my playthrough I've never accepted any other boon, but have done all gods tasks. Also did that Wael side-quest if that matters.

At the end of the game I had total of 6 options. Woedica, Wael and 4 other gods.

EDIT:

Correction. I never got his boon, nor I think you are supposed to (just like Woedica). His appearance just allows you to support him in the ending.

Edited by player1
  • Like 1

Spell Fixes compilation for Neverwinter Nights 2, as well as my other submissions for this great game.

I don't think it's possible to get the ability listed on the wiki at the moment.

You can certainly side with Wael though.

From what Wael said when he appeared to me, I got the impression his appearance was because I had both the "Cruel" and "Benevolent" trait.

I hadn't completed all of the deity quests, but I did hide the scroll.

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

I took the scroll to Black Meadow, one of the two drake's skulls - the one near the centre of the map - gave me some loot, neither gave me a burial option.  What did I miss?

You were not able to bury it?  It is the dragon skull facing east near the top east side of the map as I recall.  I always enter for that quest near the skeleton.

I have but one enemy: myself  - Drow saying

nakia_banner.jpg

I don't think it's possible to get the ability listed on the wiki at the moment.

You can certainly side with Wael though.

From what Wael said when he appeared to me, I got the impression his appearance was because I had both the "Cruel" and "Benevolent" trait.

I hadn't completed all of the deity quests, but I did hide the scroll.

Ah. I thought it was glitched since we got every other stat under the other gods except int. Well tbh dex isn't even usuable since you get it after everything is over. Well either way after I saw "tln_waels_boon_talent.unity3d" in the files I thought there might have been a way to get it to complete the set and an extra point doesn't hurt against the final boss.

Nakia, just seen your post.  I must be blind!  Looking at the sector map, I only saw the other two drakes.  This might be a monitor problem, I ordered a new monitor and graphics card yesterday.  My next problem is getting to Twin Elms, I've been running around waiting for access to that part of the map, I'm not aware of anything I 've left undone that would get me there.  Unless it involves going back to Grimda - I'm afraid I get attacked when I try,because of a theft quest I agreed to do long ago, hope that isn't a big issue.  Maybe it will change now I've buried the scroll?