[BUG 1.0.6.0591] Bonuses from different sources don't stack

kmbogd

Question

It seems that with the latest build, an old and important bug has not been fixed: bonuses from different sources don't stack as they should.

bonus%20for%20different%20sources%20do%2

In the picture above I have a +5 Will/Fortitude bonus from equipment source and another +10 Will/Fortitude bonus from active source. Since sources are different, as per the game mechanics which is also detailed in the in-game cyclopedia, they should both be added.

Edited by kmbogd

8 answers to this question

Yes, bard chant bonuses count as item bonuses and paladin auras count as spells. This is presumably intentional, since the devs could easily have fixed it otherwise during the bard and paladin rebalances.

edit: I do support removing the "bonuses from different sources stack" part from the cyclopedia though, since it's needlessly confusing.

Edited by Bubbles

Would one illustrating Outworn Buckler suppressing other items also be useful? I know there's another thread about it, but there seems to be differing understanding even within Obsidian about whether the Herald effect a) should be party-wide and b) should stack. For me, it's party-wide but doesn't stack.

Hi Aarik D

Thanks for looking into this:

Save file - https://www.dropbox.com/s/orz0jxiqfkflt0f/19763b1694ef459ab10d7c8883be9647%2011968672%20EndlessPathsofOdNuaLevel4.savegame?dl=0

Output file - https://www.dropbox.com/s/gl08d37j9vw3h1u/output_log.txt?dl=0

Just start the fight with the creatures along the corridor and see how Kana's chant suppresses the item bonus.

Edited by kmbogd