Against the Grain - Dialog Option Bug

tims2331

Question

Hi - I restarted my play through of PoE after the latest hot-fix as I wasn't too far through the game and am up to completing the Against the Grain quest. Last time I resolved this by using the dialog option to hold a blade against the dwarf's throat and was going to do the same thing again (that option suited my pirate character the best I felt) however I don't seem to have that option available to me again - I've looked online and it seems you need a Dexterity 16 check, which my character has - not sure if this is a bug? I've added my save game & output log in the attached zip file in case. If I'm doing something wrong for this quest please let me know.

I'm running the game on Windows 8, downloaded via GOG and am patched up with the latest IE mod as well.

Any insight would be appreciated, thanks!

zip files.zip

2 answers to this question

Hey Tims2331,

I looked into your save file and it appears that you do not have any blades equipped on your character when you prompt the dialogue. You currently have weapon set 2 selected which has no items equipped. Just switch back to weapon set 1 and you will have the dialogue appear. 

Thanks for your feedback!

• Like 1

Just switch back to weapon set 1 and you will have the dialogue appear. 

facepalmri6.gif well I'm glad it was me and not the game. And that makes sense now actually - how would one hold a blade to someone's throat, with no blade in their hand?

Really appreciate you taking the time to check though, thanks so much!