Aloth's Grimoire broken?

kungfujoe

Question

I think this may be a bug. I'm trying to edit the spells in Aloth's Grimoire, right after getting Ludrana's Grimoire.  I can right-click on her grimoire and learn the spells from it, but as soon as I right-click on Aloth's grimoire, my inventory goes away, no grimoire shows up, and I can no longer access my inventory until I exit the game and re-enter it. And if I do that, attempting to access Aloth's grimoire (whether it's equipped or in my inventory) breaks the inventory all over again.

Is my savegame hosed?  Can it be fixed, or do I need to just start using Ludrana's Grimoire as my own? I've attached my affected savegame.

Note, I am using IEMod, but the only feature I'm using in it is the fast-sneak feature.

PoESavegame.zip

Erik Harris

7 answers to this question

Evidently the problem is in IE Mod 4.30, and not in the base game. I downgraded to 4.29, and it works fine, and I also found others on the IEMod Nexus page reporting the same problem. Hopefully the bug will be fixed in an upcoming version of IE Mod.

• Like 2

Erik Harris

I don't think there are any differences in the grimoires, so using another, if it works, will allow you to continue.

I've not encountered this bug myself, so I can't say more than that.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

I understand that I can just use another Grimoire as my own, but obviously, if there's a way to fix this problem, I'd prefer to do that... especially if this problem is apt to affect other grimoires in the future.

Erik Harris

Oh, I should've added to my original post (I'm not sure if this info is in the savegame file for developer troubleshooting) that I'm playing version 1.0.6.0617 on Steam in Windows 7 x64 (with IEMod 4.30, again, with none of its options enabled except for fast scouting).

Erik Harris

I hat this happen once with a Fighter I have, but I deleted that particular savegame ... loaded the quick save made by IE Mod before I entered the Endless Paths and then Aloths Grimoire was okay again. ( So Far. )

Then this weekend I also started a Melee Rogue ... right smack in Gilded Vale Aloth got the Grimoire problem as well. When I noticed this I removed the dll file from IE Mod version 4.30. After that I restarted the game and the Grimoire problem was gone for me. I tried removing and adding the 4.30 a few times, and every time it was present then Aloth would get the Grimoire problem. I then tried to see if adding the dll file from IE Mod version 4.29 hat the same results ... but since I started using IE Mod v4.29 ( Since Yesterday. ) again instead of v4.30 I have not gotten the Grimoir problem. ( So far. )

Mind you this small ... "Test" of mine might just be a case of pure luck on my part. But when I loaded your savegame with IE Mod v4.29 I could open Aloths Grimoire with out getting the bug several times, so you could try to download version 4.29 as well and see if it helps? 

• Like 2

Hello, kungfujoe.  I am sorry for your inconvenience.  Unfortunately I'm going to have to ask you to completely remove IE Mod and see if the problem persists.  Since we do not develop that tool we cannot reliable test with it.  If the problem is persisting after completely removing it please add a link to a saved game and output log that you have uploaded to Dropbox.  Thanks!

- Refer to this thread if you are having trouble finding any information I requested http://forums.obsidi...eport-an-issue/