[MAC] Game won't launch?

Barely3Dimensional

Question

I just bought the game through Good Old Games and while I meet the minimum specs (except the gfx card, maybe, I'm not sure how comparable they are) I can't get the game to progress past the "verifying 'Pillars of Eternity'" step. The game will try to launch, it'll be bouncing in my dock like any other application does when it starts up, but then gives up and says "This application is not responding" when I try to right click it.

These are my system specs, in case that might help.

Processor: 2.53 GHz Intel Core Duo

Memory: 4GB 1067 MHz DDR3

Graphics: NVidia 9400M (256 MB)

5 answers to this question

Hello, Barely3Dimensional.  I'm sorry for your inconvenience.  Can you give me some more specifics of your machine?  There are many Core2 Duo chips at 2.53Ghz.  If you happen to know the actual model number that would greatly help me in determining if your machine is up to spec.  Thank you!

- Refer to this thread if you are having trouble finding any information I requested http://forums.obsidi...eport-an-issue/

Hello, I am also having this problem on a mac book pro 15" 

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)

2.5 GHz Intel Core i7

16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

MacBookPro11,5

The game is not booting at all.

let me know if you need anything else. idk what the model number looks like

Barely3Dimensional, do you know the actual model number of your processor?  I have a feeling that the processor is what is holding you back.  2.53Ghz dual core is a lot slower than a 2.53Ghz quad core.

atamosk, we are aware of the issues with Retina display MacBooks and are working feverishly to get a fix as soon as possible.

- Refer to this thread if you are having trouble finding any information I requested http://forums.obsidi...eport-an-issue/