Ok I took Greater Focus on npc Cipher do I need to start again.

I thought I was picking biting whip. doh.  I playing trial of iron so I cant go back.  is this going to gimp my cipher or is it recoverable lol.  Honestly I should taken an accuracy talent this early I am a moron lol.  She can cast 2 Paralyzes immediately which is good but accuracy early game is so damn critical in PoTD.  I do have my priest tossing accuracy buffs out but a lot of the time it just not enough man.  Painful accuracy issues early game in PoTD. 

I just feel like the AI has a cheating dice man.  I haven't died but no matter how much I accuracy I can buff I just tend to get terrible rolls.  Roll the dice type combat is really slapping me in the face and I like it.  I haven't played on RPG with this system since Kotor and while on hard it seems like the PC and I have the same dice I feel like on PoTD the AI is damn cheating!

Edited by Torm51

Have gun will travel.

Raven you are like my PoE psychologist hahah.  I am at work and thinking of this crap I have serious issues.  I am 30 years old lmfao.  Ok cool.  Tossing 2 mental bindings asap is pretty solid though.  I still feel like on PoTD the AI has a damn CHEATING DICE!

What weapon would you recommend for a ranged Cipher? I know Blunderbusses aren't what they used to be. Firearms? Warbows? Hunting bows? (Thing with huting bows is the low damage against high DT targets).

Edited by Torm51

Have gun will travel.

Depends on your build. If you go for a bow or a melee build you can squeeze in an extra talent. If you go for a gunner or a quickswitch build you really don't have any extra room. Overall it's a good talent for earlygame but lategame it's not great as you gain a ton of focus from weapon hits anyway and greater focus doesn't scale with level (tbh I think it should). Still it's not the worst choice you could make. Don't pick psychic backlash next though :D.

• Like 2

Yeah psychic backlash is ass. :D

I used to use heavy weapons but since 1.06 hit I am officially a warbow fanboy.

Borresaine is fun, though I hate, that the superb unique warbow has no unique enchant, not sure whether I want to waste two eyes on Borresaine.

Both bows and guns have their pros and cons in 1.06 for cipher, which is definitely more balanced than in previous patches. Superb unique warbow actually has 20% attack speed but it doesn't work :D. It would be very good for ciphers once the speed mod is finally fixed though (hope for the next patch), as its one of the best pure dps mods. If considering unique weapons, even a hunting bow build can be quite good, as Lenas Er is a superb hunting bow with disorienting and rending, which is one of the best enchant combos. You can delay weapon focus until level 10 easily if you pick marksman first so you can use warbow for the majority of the game and switch to Lenas Er once it's available. Ideal cipher weapon would probably have rending and attack speed (once it's fixed). There's actually a rapier with these.

• Like 2