Dissapointed about expansion

I don't like the fact that you can travel to the expansion areas without finishing the main game. This means the expansion doesn't continue the main story and it's only a new pack of areas and subquests. Furthermore, it's designed for mid-level parties instead of 12 level parties.

Then, how will affect the decissions we made after the final battle (what to do with the trapped souls) in the new expansion? I guess they don't have any relevance.

What's the importance of those decissions? perhaps are they relevant for the second part of expansion? or for PoE 2?

It's not a sequel, it's an expansion.  It makes the game bigger, in itself if is not big enough to continue the storyline.

I bet if they said it would continue the story people would be disappointed that it was too short to do so effectively.

I'm just happy they decided to split it up in order to get some extra content out faster.

• Like 6

I don't like the fact that you can travel to the expansion areas without finishing the main game.

We already knew from the start it would be a Tales of the Sword Coast style expansion. This shouldn't surprise you. 

This means the expansion doesn't continue the main story and it's only a new pack of areas and subquests.

It also includes new talents and a new type of talent. The pseudo multi-class talents.

What's the importance of those decissions? perhaps are they relevant for the second part of expansion? or for PoE 2?

They'll be important in PoE 2. PoE 2 is what will continue the story.

Personally, I'm concerned about the encounter design. I'm really hoping that Obsidian learned that we need a few more counters in the combat. It's kinda boring just using standard tactics all the time. If being high level will mean that the player is definitely going to stomp; that suggests the combat issues won't be being dealt with.

Edited by Namutree
  • Like 1

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

As Rabin says it is not a sequel and I do not think there was ever any implication that it would be a sequel.  It adds to the play ability of the core game ad if you enter the area at a high level you are given the choice of leveling up the enemy.  I am very happy with what little I know about the expansion and am looking forward to playing it.  Until then I will withhold judgement.

• Like 4

I have but one enemy: myself  - Drow saying

nakia_banner.jpg

I am glad that they took the "add-in content" choise because I really dont like the idea forces you to play entire game then offer new gameplay. The bigger the world you can travel without restrictions, is better. My only concern is the empiniess feeln', like in vanilla PoE.

Kana - "Sorry. It seems I'm not very good at raising spirits." Kana winces. "That was unintentional."

Yes,it's not a sequel, it's an expansion.  

Do love the add-on structure.

• Like 1

Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, She got the Mercedes Benz

She's got a lot of pretty, pretty boys, that she calls friends

How they dance in the courtyard, sweet summer sweat.

Some dance to remember, some dance to forget

I prefer it this way. It enhances the base game, not continues it - because it's not a sequel. Actually, a lot of RPGs do expansions that way, some just let you play them after finishing the main quest, but that's because unlike PoE, they're open-ended games. Mass Effect 3 was in a similar situation as PoE, you had to go back to a save.