Please obsidian, make this time a well balanced expansion

PoE was great: superb setting, great plot, nice quests, music, cities/villages, combat mechanics, etc, but the main problem was balancing in combat.

I open this thread to emphasize that unbalanced combats can make the game tedious.

I hope level-scaling doesn't ruin combats for level 12 parties.

PLEASE OBSIDIAN, MAKE THIS TIME A WELL BALANCED GAME

is also kind o' a head-scratcher.  why would scaling ruin combats for level 12 parties?  scaling is introduced to deal with the unbalanced combats the genesis poster identified as problematic in the core game.  

*shrug*

as to codexians, the grognards has always been irrational about a variety o' gaming issues.  that being said, poe difficulty for late game, even when one accepts the impossibility o' getting uniform satisfying difficulty, particularly in a game wherein the player has choice regarding the order in which they access maps and content, were suspect.  optional scaling for the expansion material makes sense.  along similar lines, add an option to the core game so that pivotal battles could be scaled more appropriate would be a fix worthy o' consideration.  such an option would not require the obsidians to go back and re-tool every encounter, but major encounters could have the difficulty bootstrapped as it were. 

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

The E3 video of PoE expansion shows combat is terribly easy like the main game. I don't want impossible battles, but at least I like to see challenging combats that make me think about what is the best strategy to overcome combat.

I think Obsidian is focusing on story, graphics, levelcap, monsters, etc but not in combat balance. Surely, the expansion will be like the main game: a beautiful game without interesting combats.