If I purchased the physical backer copy how do I patch the game? I can't seem to find anything....

So far as I've been able to determine there is no way to patch it as of now. Obsidian said weeks, if not a month or more ago now, that they'd be making a stand alone patcher for it soon. Soon hasn't materialized yet it seems.

Edited by Valsuelm

What a bunch of pathetic, incompetent losers. Obsidian you suck, and I will never ever give you a cent again.  How dare you make a physical copy of the game and then block us from getting the patches?

Jerkoffs, all of you.

Well....that's pretty disappointing to say the least. I am willing to understand the delays on the physical goods due to patches, that i get.  But to not have a way for the users who not only backed the game up front, but paid a little bit extra for a physical copy, to have no way to update a couple months after launch is poor form to say the least. Obsidian please fix this.

i dont understand cant you just get a steam key or something, my last game bought from retail.. was a couple of years ago, i unlocked it in steam and it was added to the library no problems

You can, yes. But not everyone wants to. That's kind of the point of getting the physical DVD DRM-free.

• Like 1

My DRM-free DVD copy hit my home today. That means that if Obsidian keeps delaying the publishing of patches, I might start to build and share some unofficial ones like I do for the GOG GNU/Linux version:

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/76561-linux-unofficial-patches-for-the-gog-version-of-the-game/

Of course, I’ll share a link here when the first custom patches go live.

Keep in mind that they will not have any kind of official support, so if you get some bugs while using them you probably won’t be able to get help from Obsidian.

Edited by vv221
  • Like 1