From what I've read it appears that party AI may be introduced to the game as early as the v1.07 patch. That's if the AI related strings that were accidently uploaded with the last 1.06 hotfix are anything to go by. IMO it might be worth waiting for the next patch before starting a new game.

Not done being patched. The expansion will slot into the base game so all the improvements will appear there as well.

It's very stable though, and you probably won't even notice most/any bugs on your first go (they're stuff like bonuses not stacking properly, overpowered or sometimes underpowered abilities and so on) so go for it.

I have a project. It's a tabletop RPG. It's free. It's a work in progress. Find it here: www.brikoleur.com

So far if savegames haven't been compatible, they've been converted automatically. I doubt they'll change that except under extreme circumstances. There's been one patch which rebalanced companion attributes, which would not be applied if you already had them in the party in your savegame though, but that's the only exception I can think of.

Party AI means scripts you can give your party members so they take actions autonomously. Currently they only auto-attack if you don't give them other orders.

I have a project. It's a tabletop RPG. It's free. It's a work in progress. Find it here: www.brikoleur.com

So far if savegames haven't been compatible, they've been converted automatically. I doubt they'll change that except under extreme circumstances. There's been one patch which rebalanced companion attributes, which would not be applied if you already had them in the party in your savegame though, but that's the only exception I can think of.

Party AI means scripts you can give your party members so they take actions autonomously. Currently they only auto-attack if you don't give them other orders.

So its worth me carrying on with my game ( started a new game day ago) cause if the 1.07 patch comes out itll update my save? Edited by Gary1986

So haven't played yet, I was waiting for patches.those who have played think it's mostly done being patched? I wonder if the party AI mentioned in the expansion will retro create it into the base game if I wait?

Heya,

I got PoE off Steam just this week and played it immediately. So far, no bugs that I've noticed, nothing weird, everything through the game has been pretty much as it was supposed to be that I can tell. I'm not having any weird problems or mishaps with anything. So from reading stuff in the past, I'd say the game is very playable and good to go. From here, it's mostly just going to be added stuff, balancing, way less "fixing" and if nothing, more expansion type stuff.

I'd say the game is fairly polished at this point and ready to go.

Very best,