PoE expansion: The White March part 1

Any projected time frame on the expansion?  Late 2015? Next year? 

From the youtube comments:

“The White March: Part 1,” will extend the story and experience of Pillars of Eternity, as well as adding a higher level cap, new abilities, new companions, and more to the game. The expansion, originally offered as a pledge add-on during the game’s incredibly successful crowdfunding campaign, was revealed by Obsidian and Paradox at E3, and will be coming soon for Windows, Max, and Linux PC.

So not soon enough to be anything other than "soon".

Edited by Bubbles

It didn't really show much. Immediate thought before watching trailer (already read your comments) GoT expansion? White Walkers, The Wall, Valyrian Steel.

Very IWD feel: Mountains, Snow, that chapter 6 underground mine / forge. New companions? So more than one.

Hmm, wild speculation based on 'The White Forge' and 'The Builders' and based on that character portrait of one of the companions that didn't make it in, I'm guessing we'll see the Devil of Caroc? Wonder if another companion will appear based on a class not currently covered, Barbarian type? Not fully across PoE lore so not sure what's in that part of the world.

Hopefully new enemy types, I'd expect some would be based on location & climate.

Exciting that we're finally hearing something about it but not blown away. Why do I need to help you, your dying town and old forge? What's Durgan Steel do that the rest can't?

• Like 1

Ok, thanks for clarification Bryy.

EDIT: wait a sec, sounds like she says her town of Durgan Battery(?) and then, 'the secrets of Durgan Steel, the forge must burn again' so now I don't know. You're not lion, are you? I'll just wait for next Kickstarter update.

ShadowTiger, Obsiadian mentioned somewhere that to get the expansion out sooner they'd split it into two parts. So, combined, they make the whole expansion but to give everyone access to new content sooner they've split the expansion into two. Side note: you'll get both parts if you've already backed the expansion during kickstarter.

Edited by Elzarath

I was really hoping the story would be with a new character. Could also do without a higher level cap tbh, which we all know will just screw up balance completely and result in the expansion being a total cakewalk (as evidenced by all "epic level" campaigns ever).

I was really hoping the story would be with a new character. Could also do without a higher level cap tbh, which we all know will just screw up balance completely and result in the expansion being a total cakewalk (as evidenced by all "epic level" campaigns ever).

Having a new character in the expansion would feel weird.

• Like 2

Part 1?  uggh, please do not say we are doing episodic content for expansions, that...just no.   On a side note, they are partnering up with paradox interactive which is exciting because they are the ones with the amazing crusader kings II franchise.  I am very interested in the details of how that partnership will work, if PI gets to put its own content in, then I hope to see obsidian give them free reign and let them put whatever they want in and not try to micromanage or censor their content.

WTH is durgan steel?

Durgan Steel was something they mentioned during the Kickstarter campaign that just didn't make it into the game. It was supposed to be the best quality steel, just no longer found anymore, since the people who produced it have long since died out.

• Like 1

I seen the trailer. Quite interesting. It seems that this is currently their only cinematic for this IP. I'm guessing their budget have expanded. 

Although, the "part 1" in the tittle makes me a bit nervous. I wonder what is the reason for that. 

Edited by ryukenden

So, from the E3 trailer we know that there'll be:

- a higher level cap

- more abilities

- durgan steel

- new companions

Is anyone else pumped? I'm pumped.

Please do write good companions this time...

Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, She got the Mercedes Benz

She's got a lot of pretty, pretty boys, that she calls friends

How they dance in the courtyard, sweet summer sweat.

Some dance to remember, some dance to forget