Best point in a level to add roll an adventurer

So I see that when you roll an adventurer you are given the choice of what level they will start at - based on what level you are at. I am now being offered level 4 adventurers to build on.

Has anybody noticed the best point to roll a new party member that will result in the least disparity between the levels?

I have a party of 6 who are all at early level 5 (who all level together) except for one who is a level behind the party at early level 4.

thanks

So I see that when you roll an adventurer you are given the choice of what level they will start at - based on what level you are at. I am now being offered level 4 adventurers to build on.

Has anybody noticed the best point to roll a new party member that will result in the least disparity between the levels?

I have a party of 6 who are all at early level 5 (who all level together) except for one who is a level behind the party at early level 4.

thanks

Not sure I'm following you correctly, but the highest level you can get for a rolled adventurer is one level lower than your main at the time you roll it. So there's no 'best point'. If your main is level 9, the highest you get is level 8 and so on.

Or perhaps you mean the least XP difference? That would be hiring when your main has just hit a level instead of being almost about to hit the next level. For example, if you have 1 XP more than level 9, then that's the best time to go for your level 8 adventurer (basically only 1 level apart) as opposed to if you're 1 XP away from level 10 (basically 2 levels apart).

Hope that makes sense.

*edit* As you get to higher and higher levels, this will become more and more moot.

Edited by Ink Blot

If you can afford the cost at that point, the best time to make custom party members is right after you make Level 2. This will result in an XP gap of a little over 1000, which is large early on, but fairly small in the late game. Creating them later than this will result in a larger and larger gap as the XP required per level gradually increases.

If you can afford the cost at that point, the best time to make custom party members is right after you make Level 2. This will result in an XP gap of a little over 1000, which is large early on, but fairly small in the late game. Creating them later than this will result in a larger and larger gap as the XP required per level gradually increases.

An excellent point.