Movies you've seen recently

Rosbjerg

"Ex Machina" (2015)

It was ok. What i do not get is how this was hyped out to be something in the vein of Blade Runner, Ghost in the Shell or 2001, when it was just another well made indie-movie.

Was it hyped? I also thought it was ok-ish at best. Certainly nothing I'd like to watch again anytime soon.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

"Erica Durance blew all three of them out of the water on Smallville, one of the only truly great things about that show. Were I to cast her for a movie now my first choice would be Rachel McAdams"

Teri Hatcher beats them all.

\I am actually rewatching Smallville. I actually think it's underrated and it actually seems darker than I remember. Some of the deaths that occured were straight up NASTY.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Rewatched the first Hellboy, i've got to say that I still enjoy it wholeheartedly, and yet its sequel left me totally cold for some unknown reason. Strange.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Kroenen did add a certain horrific coolness to the experience I must admit.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Watched Antman with a friend. Considering the source material and that it´s not a popular character, i found the movie pretty well made. It´s an enjoyable watch, and the kids in the theater were also into it, which was great to watch.,

Unfortunally my friend also had the idea to follow that up with...Pixels....well thats a pile of ****. Just don´t watch it, look up the MovieBob review on YouTube, thats everything you ever need to know about another crime against humanity from Adam Sandler :>

"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, the man who never reads lives one."

Pixels > Antman. No, I haven't watched Antman but it is a movie about a half ant half man. Typical horror shtick. Pixels was entertaining. :)

Troll level: Giant Man

Is there an applause emoticon?

• Like 2
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I saw Fantastic Four for free and felt I was ripped off.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I saw Fantastic Four for free and felt I was ripped off.

Saw Avi Arad was a producer. Guess he'll have to add a blue bracelet to the red one.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I double featured Pixels and Fant4stic. In hindsight, I should have seen the resulting headache coming.

Pixels was awful (with the exception of Peter Dinklage) but it was miles ahead of Fant4stic. Oh my god. Don't see Fant4stic. Don't make the same mistake I did and give them your money. If you have to see a bad movie, pick Pixels instead. At least it has a couple of neat CG moment and Peter Dinklage. Fant4stic has NOTHING. It's three quarters boring exposition and one quarter Batman and Robin.

• Like 1

Checking reviews, Flashpoint Paradox will be the winner when I get around to it. Supposedly it's even better than the source material!

flashpoint spends entire movie rushing to invalidate everything that happened during the course of the movie.  bad.  time travel is bad.  time travel sucks.  is a proven fact that time travel to the past is powered by the deaths of millions of puppies.  why do you hate puppies?

puppies.jpg

unless done tongue firmly in cheek, backwards time travel is a bit of busted plot nonsense... that kills puppies.  save the puppies.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Old thread here.

finally saw lucy.

wow.

is ironic that while watching a movie about a woman who is able to increasing access her brain's potential, we felt as if we were losing iq points the longer we watched the film.  most mind-numbing stoopid flick we has seen since the ice pirates, and not near as amusing.

HA! Good Fun!

ps the danish joe buck wannabee getting splaterized in the first few minutes o' the film were the high point o' the film for us.  

Joe Buck wannabee getting splatterized? I might need to see this... :p

(...although, to be honest, most other sportscasters bother me more than Joe Buck...and I say that as a Packers fan, and he and Aikman sportscast the majority of their games)

ack.  we only saw this moments ago.

wrong joe buck.  we thought given the context o' movies we we would not need clarification.

voight-pic-midnigh_2627599b.jpg

joe buck from midnight cowboy fame.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I did think a wannabee of that Joe Buck would be pretty weird, but how was I to argue with a mildly denigrating comment towards him regardless of the context? :p Also, I've never seen Midnight Cowboy, which probably didn't help...;)

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

"True opinion is trolling? Oh, internetz, you never fail. original.gif"

If you haven't watched both, then it's called prejudice. Volourn, why are you so full of bias. :>

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Terminator: Genesis. I don't know which sequel is worse but this one is up there with Salvation.

I saw that one too. Warning, some spoilers ahead while I rant.

The first part of the movie in the future way okay. In the original movie Reese tells us that mankind already won and sending the T-800 back was Skynet's last ditch effort to still win. So the entire "in the future" part of the movie was pretty good. Then Connor sends his father back in time and everything falls apart.

We end up in 1984 where Emilia Clarke firing what looks like a Steyr HS .50 (which, uhm, went into production in 2004), destroying the T-800 with a single, well-placed shot, was the first big "uuuuh... WTF?" moment in the movie, then they do things and some more things, Reese remembers things that never happened because THE TIMELINE CHANGED, they dispatch a T-1000 with acid and go forward in time to stop Genisys from going online.

Oh, Connor shows up, being transported back in time after having been terminatorized by Dr. Who Skynet. Then some more movie stuff happens, old-Arnie fashions a portable magnet weapon from a PA speaker and finds some other magical magnet stuff that is never used except for the RPG-ish things, but whatever.

And then they blow up Skynet Genisys by putting the terminatorized Connor into his half-finished time-machine - because, as we know, only organic matter can traverse through time. Cyberdyne goes boom again and yay, future is saved. Sort of. Then they go and make those memories that Reese suddenly had. Eh...

How did Skynet manage to send the Connorminator back in time when he actually goes BOOM enough to level an entire block in the time machine? How the hell did Connor and Reese survive in the bunker with that explosion going on not too far away? How did old-Arnie's memories and programming be transferred to the T-1000 liquid metal while everything exloded around it? Why does the sequel-hook Skynet look like HAL 9000?

And finally... Daenerys Emilia Clarke was one striking miscast. Not because her performance was poor (well, it wasn't great either, but what can you do with that material) but because she's a terrible Sarah Connor. Blargh.

Edited by majestic

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

How did Skynet manage to send the Connorminator back in time when he actually goes BOOM enough to level an entire block in the time machine?

Because it sent Connorminator back from the future in the same time machine that Kyle used.

How the hell did Connor and Reese survive in the bunker with that explosion going on not too far away?

Arnie-Terminator created the room knowing that blowing up the time machine to destroy Skynet had always been the plan. Presumably in the couple of decades he had to plan, it was able to create a safe room that'd actually survive the explosion.

How did old-Arnie's memories and programming be transferred to the T-1000 liquid metal while everything exloded around it?

They indicated the liquid metal was ready to be a terminator if it had the proper memory chip thingy which Arnie had and was exposed as he went into the metal.

Why does the sequel-hook Skynet look like HAL 9000?

What are you doing, Dave?

And finally... Daenerys Emilia Clarke was one striking miscast. Not because her performance was poor (well, it wasn't great either, but what can you do with that material) but because she's a terrible Sarah Connor. Blargh.

I actually liked her. Thought Kyle was a bit bland, but okay.

Then again other than the very immediate end, I liked Salvation, so what do I know?

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Finally saw Kingdom of Heaven Director's Cut (go go Youtube), is much better than the theater release. Heh, did notice that the English sergeant's actor is the same one who voices Soap in COD.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Finally saw Kingdom of Heaven Director's Cut (go go Youtube), is much better than the theater release. Heh, did notice that the English sergeant's actor is the same one who voices Soap in COD.

The directors cut is like a whole different movie. One of my favorites.

Devastatorsig.jpg