The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt [2015]

Rosbjerg

Good one.

Anyone buy the Game of the Year edition?  Do the expansions come on the actual game disk with the base game, or do you get download codes?

I believe CDPR confirmed that everything comes on the discs, let me see if I can secure a link however:

https://twitter.com/Marcin360/status/763763969492410368?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

• Like 1

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Skyrim was the reason why I thought Bethesda learned at least a bit from their former mistakes and started making better rpgs. Compared to their other stuff before, Skyrim was a step in the right direction. And then Fallout 4 happened and they blew it all up again... :>

Uhg, don't get me started on Fallout 4.  I can accept the whole 'good for what it is' argument and the game isn't totally irredeemable, but it didn't even meet my lowest expectations.  All my worst fears came to pass with that one  :verymad:

• Like 1

And when you arrived to your destination, you've had to hold down the "highlight everything I need to interact with" button anyway because without it, the game often wouldn't even allow you to examine many clues.

that's the single thing I really disliked about W3's quest design. I mean, it's understandable when you're dealing with smells, you need to figure out which smell to follow first, but with tracks? I hated that I had to interact with a patch of dirt before some tracks would magically appear next to it

• Like 1
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Good one.

Anyone buy the Game of the Year edition?  Do the expansions come on the actual game disk with the base game, or do you get download codes?

I believe CDPR confirmed that everything comes on the discs, let me see if I can secure a link however:

https://twitter.com/Marcin360/status/763763969492410368?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Hmm.  That might just convince me to get the GOTY edition then.  I hate having to download the DLC, especially when they're as large as the two expansions are supposed to be.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I actually think Skyrim might be Bethesda's best game  :blush: 

Do you know I still havent played Skyrim yet ....I am busy with the expansions of w3 but once done I'll play Far Cry 4 and then move on Skyrim, I have the GOTY edition  :dancing:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Do you know I still havent played Skyrim yet ....I am busy with the expansions of w3 but once done I'll play Far Cry 4 and then move on Skyrim, I have the GOTY edition  :dancing:

You might as well skp FarCry 4, unless you want to choose between Indonesian alt right extremist or Indonesian Anita Sarkeessian. Pagan Min is best ending.

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

You might as well skp FarCry 4, unless you want to choose between Indonesian alt right extremist or Indonesian Anita Sarkeessian. Pagan Min is best ending.

I am not a very critical person when it comes to gaming, I enjoyed Far Cry 3....so hopefully 4 is similar? I like doing the side quests like hunting 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I am not a very critical person when it comes to gaming, I enjoyed Far Cry 3....so hopefully 4 is similar? I like doing the side quests like hunting 

It doesn't have the story of FC3, other than that is practically the same game with some thing that have been polished. I still found the progress to be a bit stale, probably because the perks weren't all that useful. But the worst is that they tried to orchestrate events that happened in FC3 naturally (EG: animals raiding enemy compounds.) All in all, it is a bad sequel that failed to realize what their predecessor did well and has no new ideas or content to bring to the table.

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

• 1 month later...

Just finished my first ever play through where Ciri ends up being Empress.  It was a bitter sweet ending because, on one hand it felt like she was doing something good with her power/influence, but on the other hand it feels like she should have become a Witcher.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Just finished my first ever play through where Ciri ends up being Empress. It was a bitter sweet ending because, on one hand it felt like she was doing something good with her power/influence, but on the other hand it feels like she should have become a Witcher.

BOOK SPOILER

I honestly believe that Ciri as Empress ending was created with players new to the IP in mind as a utopian ending. It stands out because the books ended with the main character's (which was Ciri and not Geralt, by the way) patents' death (Geralt and Yennefer). The north had just won a seemingly impossible war against Nilfgaard, Ciri escape capture from the Aen Elle, and the whole family was back together forever, right? Nope. Peasant riot, Geralt steps in and takes a pitchfork to the chest, Yennefer tries to save him with magic, depleting her own like force in the process, and they both die.

Anyway, I don't particularly like the Empress ending. IMO, it doesn't belong in the Witcher-verse.

• Like 1

The Nilfgaard in the game also seems a lot less brutal than the one in the books.

I don't really think the Empress ending fits Ciri's personality in the game.  She just screams "Witcher" to me.  She achieved her "destiny" by stopping the White Frost and the Wild Hunt.  The politics of the world didn't really fall under the "destiny" banner, IMO.

• 2 weeks later...

The main quest in Blood & Wine didn't feel like the supposed 20 hours.  Overall, including side quests and contracts, I probably spent over 20 hours on it.  But the actual main quest seemed closer to the 8 to 10 hour range.