The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt [2015]

Rosbjerg

I bought the season pass a few weeks ago and I can't wait to play through both Hearts of Stone and Blood & Wine. The new locations in the second dlc look simply gorgeous! I've also heard only good things about Hearts of Stone. Witcher 3 seems to be GOTY 2016 so far. :p

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

I hope you dont need a save for that. I'm not leveling Gerald to 50 again just to play a DLC.

Pretty sure it will work exactly like the last DLC- you can simply start it from the main menu.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Are they going to up the level cap? Currently the cap sits at 70, which means the level requirement for B&B will be 100 (an impossible level to reach) in new game plus.

I calculated that wrong, if B&W had a level 50 requirement it would be level 80 in NG+. (NG+ is plus 30 to all level requirements.)

I loaded my old save today and decided to do a few random contracts before starting Hearts of Stone and I randomly picked "Skellige's Most Wanted". Man, what an awesome coincidence, it had a tie-in with 4 other quests/contracts I had done before and it ended beautifully. Some of the contracts in Witcher 3 feel more fleshed out than most of the main-quests I have come across in other RPG's(I am looking at you Fallout 4).

Edited by Katphood
  • Like 1

I loaded my old save today and decided to do a few random contracts before starting Hearts of Stone and I randomly picked "Skellige's Most Wanted".

That quest felt so good, and gave even more meaning to choices I made previously in the game in entirely unexpected ways. And just wait what does Hearts of Stone hold in store for you, CD Project learned from the original game and improved upon their (already nearly perfect) quest design. I'm so excited for Blood and Wine. And Cyberpunk. CDPR is basically the new Bioware.

• Like 1

True. It was amazing because...

...the only one in the group that couldn't be convinced was the werewolf because I killed a werewolf during a certain quest at the beginning of the game. At first, I felt bad for being forced to fight him, but once he was slain, the childlike creature(forgot what they were called) said something interesting: "you were right witcher, not all humans are bad and not all monsters are good". He sort of pointed out that how the werewolf couldn't control himself and how societies aren't that different from one another.

So excited for both dlc's. 30-40 hours of fun in my pocket for the mere price of 25 bucks! That is what I call a steal. :)

I am also replaying Witcher 1 on PC. Going to import my saves all the way from 1 to 3. I'll definitely replay 3 once I have a new rig. It will be a totally new experience to play this game on the PC with the highest setting at 1080p 60fps.

Edited by Katphood

True. It was amazing because...

...the only one in the group that couldn't be convinced was the werewolf because I killed a werewolf during a certain quest at the beginning of the game. At first, I felt bad for being forced to fight him, but once he was slain, the childlike creature(forgot what they were called) said something interesting: "you were right witcher, not all humans are bad and not all monsters are good". He sort of pointed out that how the werewolf couldn't control himself and how societies aren't that different from one another.

So excited for both dlc's. 30-40 hours of fun in my pocket for the mere price of 25 bucks! That is what I call a steal. :)

I am also replaying Witcher 1 on PC. Going to import my saves all the way from 1 to 3. I'll definitely replay 3 once I have a new rig. It will be a totally new experience to play this game on the PC with the highest setting at 1080p 60fps.

Godling, that's what the creature was called.

My favorite quest (it’s actually a quest chain) was Dandelion's. The way it moved seamlessly from comedic fetch quest to hunting down a serial killer that turned out to be a weird uncle Tom religious fanatic was awesome.

Guys you know how awesome it is for me, I'm  busy with my first play through of the W3  ....so I'm experiencing much of what you allude to now 

I'm in the erudite but zealot influenced city of Novigrad,,,I'm doing the Dandelion and Triss ( I really think I love her  :wub:  )quests ...... this game is amazing ( and yes I know I keep saying that..I mean it )  :dancing:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Keira Metz was my favorite female character.  :wub:

z9nfog9lptme5x2jeaog.jpg

Yeah she was cool and I convinced her to go to Kaer Morhen so hopefully I should see her later 

• Like 2

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

So uh...

I have a character that I believe has explored everything of significance in the game. So I went to take a look at some question marks on an island around Skellige and discovered two more sidequests. Well played, Witcher.

• Like 2

I sent Keira to Radovid believing her to be a stronk independent wymyn who can make her own choices

But she had her doubts and clearly expressed them? Bad decision there IMO 

John Milton 

Just exploring around, I have found this on one of the isles. Consequence of my actions, out of the blue.

It's Birna Bran's body. She totally deserved it, but finding her like this just caught me off guard. I kinda love Witcher 3.Dk8MZEu.jpg

• Like 1

Holy Smoke that looks brilliant !!!

John Milton