The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt [2015]

Rosbjerg

I have to admit that i've felt the unusual itch to replay the Wild Hunt ever since first finishing it, very rare that I can say that about a piece of entertainment.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

I have to admit that i've felt the unusual itch to replay the Wild Hunt ever since first finishing it, very rare that I can say that about a piece of entertainment.

I'm holding off until the expansion comes out.  I know I've got a couple more play throughs in me, but I don't want to waste that excitement until there's something new to actually play.

• Like 2

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

• 4 weeks later...

Out-of-the-blue question only because I saw this thread at the top of the forum:

Anybody have experience running this game on a machine that precisely matches the minimum specs for CPU & GPU? 

I'm probably still going to hold off until I get around to an upgrade sometime next year, but I could be tempted into jumping in before then were I convinced that it would run smoothly on the rig I've got. 

Out-of-the-blue question only because I saw this thread at the top of the forum:

Anybody have experience running this game on a machine that precisely matches the minimum specs for CPU & GPU? 

I'm probably still going to hold off until I get around to an upgrade sometime next year, but I could be tempted into jumping in before then were I convinced that it would run smoothly on the rig I've got. 

I have I7 2700k and 570 and i can run it at 30 fps on medium settings, though with most fancy effects turned off obviously. Of course it's no guarantee that it will run on your machine, but chances are it will. :)

Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?  :dancing:

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I'm getting somewhat of a Dead Money vibe from that trailer, which is no bad thing as I regard that as the highlight of New Vegas.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

I'm quite enjoying Heart of Stone, it adds a mass of content to the base game (on the Redanian side of the Pontar) and like a New Vegas dlc really sets a high standard that is very much worth the price.

Edited by Nonek
  • Like 1

Tea for the teapot!

I'm quite enjoying Heart of Stone, it adds a mass of content to the base game (on the Redanian side of the Pontar) and like a New Vegas dlc really sets a high standard that is very much worth the price.

Have you finished the whole add-on? I managed to clear all the new points of interest in about three and a half hours, but didn't have time to start the main quests. I felt the combat really kicked it up a notch. Was it the same for you, or was that just me?

I'm afraid i'm only an hour or so in, and of that i've mostly been wandering the new area. Combat is still a bone of contention to me like in the base game, the levelling mechanic just robs the game of so much viability. I'm seriously thinking of installing the combat evolved mod.

Tea for the teapot!

I'm quite enjoying Heart of Stone, it adds a mass of content to the base game (on the Redanian side of the Pontar) and like a New Vegas dlc really sets a high standard that is very much worth the price.

I like the sound of that.

• Like 1

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I still haven't finished the base game.. Not sure why.

I had a really hard time getting into it...i think it was the combat system. But then i couldn´t get enough. Hope you reach that point, it´s definitely worth finishing it i think.

On the other side, i kinda regret finishing it. Not because it wasn´t good, but i expect an enhanced edition...which like the first two games will be the "definitiv" vision of the Devs. That leaves me with a feeling...i don´t know...that the game isn´t finished. Which is unfair, because it´s brilliant. Still ...

"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, the man who never reads lives one."

It's a game to play once and then forget about completely.

Like AssCreed.

Imagine having to clear out all those question marks again. Horror.

Never liked the AssCreed games. But i do look forward to play thru everything in the hardest possible way when the game is "done" (meaning all DLC etc). as strange as that may sound.

Maybe i´m just masochistic ;)

"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, the man who never reads lives one."