STEAM!

Rosbjerg

Wow, I didn't expect the Steam Controller to work this well as a mouse. I mean, it's not as comfortable as my trackball for getting around my desktop, but it's shockingly competent.  The haptic feedback is really neat.  It's subtle, it kinda hard to describe, but it feels "right", for lack of a better word.

Edit:  I just tried the controller in Wasteland 2 a game that does not have an already existing official Steam Controller setup and made one myself .  it was easy and intuitive and the controller config is really robust, quite impressive.  I made a scheme that works pretty well for me and uploaded it to public space.  If you want to check it out, it's called "Wasteland 2 - Keyrock 1".  I'll tinker with it some more in the future.

Edit 2: Tried it in Q.U.B.E., a first person puzzle game.  I can get a decent setup, one I could live with if mice and keyboards didn't exist, but no way can I see this controller replacing m&kb for FPS.  Th config utility for the controller is really great and you can dial that trackpad in pretty well, but it's never going to be as precise as a mouse, that's just not happening.  Any isometric game, on the other hand, I can see this controller working great, especially one that's turn-based or one that you can pause.  I'm not sure how well it would perform under the time pressure of RTS, but I don't play RTS anyway, so I won't be the one to test that theory.  But games like Civ, Age of Wonders, RTwP RPGs, turn-based RPGs, I think this controller will work really well with those.  I played Wasteland 2 with the controller, using it like m&kb, not using the xbox controller setting for it, and after a bit of getting used to the controller (it didn't take long), I was quite comfortable with it and honestly didn't miss m&kb very much.  

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Bought Sacred 3 with money from selling those stupid badges.

Thx Gaben

At 10 cents each I never get enough to buy anything.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Edit:  I just tried the controller in Wasteland 2 a game that does not have an already existing official Steam Controller setup and made one myself .  it was easy and intuitive and the controller config is really robust, quite impressive.  I made a scheme that works pretty well for me and uploaded it to public space.  If you want to check it out, it's called "Wasteland 2 - Keyrock 1".  I'll tinker with it some more in the future.

Thanks for that! Gonna check it out.

Thanks for that! Gonna check it out.

I've tweaked it a bit since first uploading it (it's still called the same name).  I basically have all the stuff I commonly use with the exception of the hotkeys to select each individual character and the hotkeys to use items; there just aren't enough buttons on the controller to map F1-F7 and number keys 1-0 and do all other basic functions.  Pretty much everything else I use is there, though:  Mouse movement, left and right click, camera zoom, camera rotate, camera pan, stand, crouch, reload, swap weapon, select group/deselect group, char sheet, log book, map, escape, and enter.  I'll likely mess with it some more, maybe adjust the sensitivity of the "mouse" movement a bit.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

• 3 months later...

So, I gotta admit I'm kinda impressed by the new Steam sale, using a choose-your-own-adventure to apply filter bubbles to their ever increasing game library is quite ingenious. Making a sales platform and user interface into a game is an interesting idea.

• Like 1

Fortune favors the bald.

So, I gotta admit I'm kinda impressed by the new Steam sale, using a choose-your-own-adventure to apply filter bubbles to their ever increasing game library is quite ingenious. Making a sales platform and user interface into a game is an interesting idea.

It is pretty neat. 

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

• 4 months later...

Decided to post here because this is not exactly gaming news.

Apparently throughout this spring, Titan Quest has gradually been heavily patched. Multiplayer, compatibility, Steam workshop support, optimization, old bugs previously left to fanpatches to fix, and there even are quality of life improvements, and even game balance changes! The patch notes even tell why a working skill was changed

Calculated Strike:

+ Empowered arrows pierce through all targets

Calculated Strike - Lucky Hit:

- Activation chance increased to 44%

- Physical Damage increased by 100% and does an extra 6 per level

- Pierce Damage modifier increased by 20% per level

- Now does 100% increased Bleeding Damage and over 3 seconds

|Lucky Hit was very weak considering that only one effect may or may not activate on every 4th hit. The piercing arrow is an

|added boon to make bows a little more useful to classes other than Hunters, which may become a theme with other LMB skills.

Edited by Nordicus
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I still hate this newer format of Steam Sale...

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

I still hate this newer format of Steam Sale...

Refunds killed the old style. Though they could meet halfway

Devastatorsig.jpg

Yeah, they could still do that, just do it for games that don't have a discount. People aren't likely to buy games without a discount during a major sale, so if they limit some titles to an 8 hour period of sale price that would be fine.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Personally, while I enjoyed getting extra discounts from a flash sale, I hated having to check Steam every 8 hours to see what they were (and possibly needing to play a demo to see if something was worth buying) more.

Not that I've bought anything in this sale, though I've got my eye on Dark Souls II and Dragon's Dogma.

Bought witcher 3 and the expansion pass for 40 some dollars. Went with the bundle and since I already had the first 2, it gave me just the 3rd one at an even cheaper discount. Also a shooter game on my lunch break, super cheap and reminded me of old school doom. Something black edition

Bought witcher 3 and the expansion pass for 40 some dollars. Went with the bundle and since I already had the first 2, it gave me just the 3rd one at an even cheaper discount. Also a shooter game on my lunch break, super cheap and reminded me of old school doom. Something black edition

Painkiller Black Edition I'll wager.

Been wondering if a 50% discount is enough to grab Fallout 4 and how well integrated the DLC are, if they' re not very I might just grab the base game, if they are then I" ll hold off until a sale on the "GOTY edition" probably...

Painkiller Black Edition I'll wager.

Been wondering if a 50% discount is enough to grab Fallout 4 and how well integrated the DLC are, if they' re not very I might just grab the base game, if they are then I" ll hold off until a sale on the "GOTY edition" probably...

Yes that's the one! Hopefully it's fun, it looks it.

Some advice. If ur going into fallout 4 for rpg, then just go with base game right now or save ur money and don't buy. If ur going into fallout 4 for minecraftyness, then get all the dlc.

• Like 1