RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Rosbjerg

Nah, I like it, I like race restrictions :p

This artifact thing sounds a bit silly...we get them at the start of the expansion and level it up, I think. Class Order halls makes me think that it's a lot like garrisons, they say it's not, but will detail later.

In any case, I will probably end up playing it :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I feel nothing. But maybe that's because they've revealed nothing to appeal to me. No Warlock artifact, no Warlock heroes who aren't evil, but even the bad guys they have are dull. Ooh a Satyr boss, a lieutenant of Azshara, and something called a drogbar. I guess Gul'Dan is kind of cool, for a puppet.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Maybe locks will get an item from Beyond the Dark Portal - maybe Eye or Scepter of Sargeras.

Turalyon and Alleria show up, much like Kul Tiras another case of WoW devs forgetting things from the source material, heh. And Emerald Dream shows up after all these years or rumour, even if it's not as grand as rumoured.

Heh, read a comment that is fitting - this is WoW: Fan Service

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Heh, read a comment that is fitting - this is WoW: Fan Service

Only if I get a fully featured Dreadlord pet.

I'll love him, and squeeze him, and name him Varimathras, and pretend he never betrayed us.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

It'll be in the store for $19.99 though.

Now that the announcement stream with the devs describing it and all the features is done, I still feel like there's not going to be anything to do other than raiding.

Hm, kind of always the case in WoW. While they tended to release 5 mans with raid tiers, best gear was always in a raid and was what you ultimately were working towards. They have LFR now though and a decent group finding tool so it is easier than it was back in the day spamming /2 with Hunter LFG MC (ah to be able to say LFG UBRS, have key :p)

It's always been "kind of" the case but in WoD there is literally nothing else and I'm pretty sure that's a big reason why it dropped from like 10 million at its peak to 5.6 million just now after a huge patch launch and the WoW token being introduced. I mean, if you look at the numbers even at WoW's peak during Wrath of the Lich King, Blizzard said only about 3% of the players even did the hardmode raids. The vast majority of WoW players never stepped foot into a raid before LFR, and even now there's still a massive segment of non-raiders.

Hey, you can always grind for apexis gear. Well, you could have, anyway. They probably should have left valour/justice points in, you get those doing heroics and can get some snazzy real raider loot to complement your LFR loot.

Drools... After I played Crusader Kings for the first time, I went crazy for Paradox games, and bought all of them on GoG, including the latest Hearts of Iron III sale... They are really good games, but unfortunately I suck at them haha, but still they are so much fun!

Need to go back to CK again, because getting from Count of Orava, to Duke of Nitra and then to King of Hungary was pretty entertaining and satisfying tongue.png But I have to much clashes with Bohemia and Pagans. It was to much for me, so I had to get a break O.o

I can't play CK because there's too many rulers with different traits and just too many variables in general: trying to play that game makes me actually a little physically ill because of my OCD-like behavior. I enjoy EU4, though, particularly considering it's an immeasurable step up in complexity over like, the Total War games, which I thought were decent for a long while until actually trying EU4...at which point the TW games come across more as bad jokes to me. tongue.png

Well, I was watching let's play of CK, and I found after 70 episodes, I was really astonished from the gameplay, that I had to buy the game :) After I started to play it, I was surprised how addictive is the game, and I spent few days with almost no sleep O.o

That's why I rather took a break from the game, because I was afraid that I will start to come late to work :D

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Unfortunately in most "open-world" games, there is absolutely no incentive to explore the world at all.

I do not consider "fetch" quests as incentive...

Yes but GTAV you want to explore..its a living world with random activities 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

What happens in the cities after dark...

Well nice to see they are adding some more meat to the simulation, really ended up being a glorified traffic simulator some times. I'd expected stuff like this to be DLC.

Edited by Malcador

- snip -

Well nice to see they are adding some more meat to the simulation, -snip -

Excellent choice of words.

Nudge-nudge-monty-python-11391772-500-38

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Evasive maneuvers on cooldown is a bit silly, but, I guess this is the best we can hope for.

Bah, they could, being defensive all the time isn't going to win :p

I'd say shield management was a big part of the X-Wing and Tie Fighter gameplay, and I'm not sure why they don't just do that.  Having to choose where to focus your power would seem like it would add a decent tactical element.

^There is power management but it does not include shields:

You also have to control your ship's power, deciding whether to push it all into the boosters to increase speed, or channel it to the blasters so you can fire for longer. These are just small tactical elements, but it's amazing just how taxing they can be to think about when you're in the firing line.

"Taxing", yeah, right. :p