RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Rosbjerg

Please let all the combat be avoidable.  Please let all the combat be avoidable.  Please let all the combat be avoidable. praying.gif

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Please let all the combat be avoidable.  Please let all the combat be avoidable.  Please let all the combat be avoidable. praying.gif

combat, from what i see, consists of shoving enemies out of the way while you run for it. it didnt show any segment of where beating up enemies was the main focus of the game. but it may have some parts like it who knows

still, if they make it with native vr support it will be a blast

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

Now that's just sad.

Despite all it's  problems Mafia series used to have somewhat unique identity.

Yeah, this is just going to blend in with all the other games about gangsters in the deep south during the 70's.  Nothing unique at all!   :rolleyes:

Now that's just sad.

Yeah, this is just going to blend in with all the other games about gangsters in the deep south during the 70's.  Nothing unique at all!   :rolleyes:

It will blend perfectly in the field of mediocre GTA knock-offs.

Previous games worked by being story-driven, semi-realistic and milking the Mafia pop-cultural image.

This game breaks 2 of those pillars already and it had only a couple videos released.

Can someone who understands German summarize?  From the gameplay it looks like you do play as gravelly voice guy.  I'm disappointed, I wanted to play as foxy black woman with afro.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Now that's just sad.

Previous games worked by being story-driven, semi-realistic and milking the Mafia pop-cultural image.

This game breaks 2 of those pillars already and it had only a couple videos released.

The only 'pillar' that you can see them moving away from is the realism angle.  Given that it got fairly boring to drive around at 25 MPH in their beautiful world in Mafia II, I don't see that as a big loss.  The game still captures a unique time period and brings it to life, so I'd say they are right on track for another solid entry.  They've always shared similarities to GTA, that isn't new.

Now that's just sad.

The only 'pillar' that you can see them moving away from is the realism angle.  Given that it got fairly boring to drive around at 25 MPH in their beautiful world in Mafia II, I don't see that as a big loss.  The game still captures a unique time period and brings it to life, so I'd say they are right on track for another solid entry.  They've always shared similarities to GTA, that isn't new.

The one valid criticism I do have for Mafia 2 is there was this  beautiful world that I wanted to explore yet I had no incentive....they need to learn from Rockstar and create decent side-quests and activities so you have some reason to explore the city 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Unfortunately in most "open-world" games, there is absolutely no incentive to explore the world at all.

I do not consider "fetch" quests as incentive...

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Can someone who understands German summarize?  From the gameplay it looks like you do play as gravelly voice guy.  I'm disappointed, I wanted to play as foxy black woman with afro.

IGN says you're playing as the main dude in the trailer (Lincoln Clay) and the others are crime heads that can be recruited into your new mob.  Time period is 1968.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/08/05/mafia-3-exposes-the-dirty-new-face-of-organized-crime

Weirdly, 1968 was also the debut of MOD SQUAD, with that other famous Lincoln, Lincoln "Linc" Hayes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KahPytSx9GU

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Well the time frame makes sense. Mafia saw the story of a guy returning from WW2, Mafia 2 was a vet returning from Korea if I remember.. So Mafia 3 being the vet from Vietnam sounds about right...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

I really hope it is.  It might have just been the video, but those rolls Faith (who...doesn't look much like Faith...) was doing seemed really disorienting to me (but then again, I tend to find 1st person games really disorienting, so maybe it's just me.)

I loved the original Mirror's Edge, so I hope this is at least decent.

Well the time frame makes sense. Mafia saw the story of a guy returning from WW2, Mafia 2 was a vet returning from Korea if I remember.. So Mafia 3 being the vet from Vietnam sounds about right...

wrong. mafia was in the 30s, in mafia 2 the mc was a WW2 veteran that just got home. in this they jumped to just after the vietnam war

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

Drools... After I played Crusader Kings for the first time, I went crazy for Paradox games, and bought all of them on GoG, including the latest Hearts of Iron III sale... They are really good games, but unfortunately I suck at them haha, but still they are so much fun!

Need to go back to CK again, because getting from Count of Orava, to Duke of Nitra and then to King of Hungary was pretty entertaining and satisfying :p But I have to much clashes with Bohemia and Pagans. It was to much for me, so I had to get a break O.o

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Drools... After I played Crusader Kings for the first time, I went crazy for Paradox games, and bought all of them on GoG, including the latest Hearts of Iron III sale... They are really good games, but unfortunately I suck at them haha, but still they are so much fun!

Need to go back to CK again, because getting from Count of Orava, to Duke of Nitra and then to King of Hungary was pretty entertaining and satisfying tongue.png But I have to much clashes with Bohemia and Pagans. It was to much for me, so I had to get a break O.o

I can't play CK because there's too many rulers with different traits and just too many variables in general: trying to play that game makes me actually a little physically ill because of my OCD-like behavior. I enjoy EU4, though, particularly considering it's an immeasurable step up in complexity over like, the Total War games, which I thought were decent for a long while until actually trying EU4...at which point the TW games come across more as bad jokes to me. tongue.png

(e): How do people ninja-post before me so many times around here? I never feel like quoting the post I'm replying to because it doesn't seem necessary (since I'm posting directly after the person I'm replying to), but I always have to edit my post to put the quote back in after actually hitting post. tongue.png

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

If nothing else, this is visual proof that you can create a Benedict Cumberbatch character.  I like that the towns look a lot more populated than the original M&B.  It was always quite immersion breaking for me walking into a town with all of 6 or 7 people standing around and 3 or 4 walking around.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

particularly considering it's an immeasurable step up in complexity over like, the Total War games, which I thought were decent for a long while until actually trying EU4...at which point the TW games come across more as bad jokes to me. tongue.png

The difference is actually astonishing. I try to explain EU to people and they are like "Sounds like Total War without tactical battles... Why would anyone want to play such a game?". It's hard to take Total War seriously after you have played EU, it's like the difference between Operation Flashpoint and Duke Nukem Forever or something.

• Like 2

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

And new expansion for WoW is Legion

Seems like a lot of stuff thrown in here, get to run around Suramamr, see the Tomb of Sargeras, Azshara is around, see Deathwing's Lair.

Artifacts sound interesting, can wield Ashbringer(...), make stuff from Frostmourne.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra