RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Rosbjerg

Wasteland 2 Director's Cut has a release date

Hello Exiles,

We have some big news to share with you today, so we'll just cut right to the chase. Wasteland 2 Director's Cut will be releasing digitally on PC on October 13, 2015! Additionally, for Xbox One and PlayStation 4, digital and physical releases will be coming on October 13th in the Americas, and October 16th Worldwide!

W2_DC_01.jpg

W2_DC_02.jpg

W2_DC_03.jpg

W2_DC_04.jpg

They did a great job with the graphical upgrade with unity 5. I look forward to that and the host of other changes they made.

• Like 1

Looking forward to playing Wasteland 2: Direcctor's Cut. I have it on steam but I am going to buy it again for the PS4. I want a physical copy for my vidgy games collection.  :yes:

Edited by Cat Food
  • Like 2

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Yeah me too, I stopped half way through - kinda like Dead State, I felt the aesthetics were horrible. This looks so much better.

I don't care about how modern the graphics are, but please for the love of god, make it pleasant to look at.

Fortune favors the bald.

I don't care how it looks like, i just want other weapons to be real alternatives to autorifle headshots.

The Jackhammer shotgun is awesome. Sadly it's the last shotgun tier...

I am still annoyed as hell that they decided to spend more money on voice acting instead of adding more content to e.g. side characters like the Night Terror. Damn, so much potential... and it's wasted.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I am still annoyed as hell that they decided to spend more money on voice acting instead of adding more content to e.g. side characters like the Night Terror. Damn, so much potential... and it's wasted.

It's a 50+ hour game, they didn't exactly skimp on content.  In my opinion, it's easily the best of the Kickstarter games I've played, and I've played quite a large number of them.  

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Yeah, it is. Still annoys me how the game sometimes ignores such details. Especially the Night Terror or that Vargas dude in the prison location. They evoke the feeling of being somewhat really important, yet nothing happens with them.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Money is money.

Plus, Fargo was only speaking to the audience he was just trying to sell to - old skool bigoted PC players who have sticks up their butts.

• Like 1

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Who put the sticks up their butts?

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't Brian Fargo take massive dumps on console gaming during the Wasteland 2 Kickstarter campaign?

And while promoting Hunted: The Demon's Forge, Fargo took some dumps on pc gaming.

When in doubt, blame the elves.

I have always hated the word "censorship", I prefer seeing it as just removing content that isn't suitable or is considered offensive

Fargo is a salesman, first and foremost.  In fairness, in his position you kind of have to be if you want to be at all successful.  His "us against the evil corporations" sales pitches are quite eyeroll inducing, but they must work on a good chunk of people, since he's managed to get a good bit of money by using them.  I don't particularly care how silly and hypocritical his sales pitches are, so long as his company delivers me games I want to play.  So far it has.

• Like 2

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Cashing in on gamer gullibility - why not? That's been the Kickstarter m.o. from the start, and part of the reason why I have only funded one Kickstarter project, the other part being the rehashed formula of every aspect of the KS games. Kickstarter is simply a microcosm of the gaming industry.

Did Youtube get an upgrade when I wasn't looking?  Their player looks different and now my LPs play in glorious 1440p 60.  I record and upload my LPs in 1440p 60, since that's what I play at, but they only showed up at a max of 1080p 60 before (I could get 1440p but only if I uploaded a 30 FPS video).  Anyway, nice to see Youtube getting with the times.  I wonder if it works at 4K 60 now too?  I don't have a monitor with that resolution to find out.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Did Youtube get an upgrade when I wasn't looking?  Their player looks different and now my LPs play in glorious 1440p 60.  I record and upload my LPs in 1440p 60, since that's what I play at, but they only showed up at a max of 1080p 60 before (I could get 1440p but only if I uploaded a 30 FPS video).  Anyway, nice to see Youtube getting with the times.  I wonder if it works at 4K 60 now too?  I don't have a monitor with that resolution to find out.

I think they finally ditched the Flash player entirely, at least I notice that the HTML5 player seems to be used for everything now (old videos tended to still require Flash, but that seems gone as well now).

Homefront: The Revolution Gamescom trailer:

It's nice to see that North Koreans have replaced Russians and joined Nazis as the de facto evildoers in vidya games.  Thanks, Glorious Leader Kim Jong-Un.  Anyway, I'm glad this game is still happening after being pried from Crytek's near-bankrupt hands a while back.

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I wonder when will a game come out that let us fight against the evil Western empire.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I wonder when will a game come out that let us fight against the evil Western empire.

Dunno if it will ever be finished, but it was already being made:

• Like 2

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Dunno if it will ever be finished, but it was already being made:

LOL

Moneyhorse is an Atlanta based game studio comprised of industry vets. Tired of making AAA games, they decided it was time to make AAAA games instead. Moneyhorse employees enjoy games, art, long walks on the beach, and not being assassinated over the content of their games. Thanks!

A pity that the Kickstarter failed, though. Would have been hysterical by the looks of it.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.