RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Rosbjerg

I have no idea who Nathan Fillion is, so I thought it was a poorly rendered facsimile of Charlie Sheen.

Best known for Firefly and Castle. A pretty big name in geek circles.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Never in my life did I've seen anything of Halo. I mean, really. Didn't even watched gameplay videos. At max some short snippets of a few seconds. This series never interested me at all, probably because it isn't for PC master race.

Well, just to catch you up, Halo is a series centered around Master Chef.  Master Chef is a phenomenal cook but he has a severe skin condition forcing him to always wear a full helmet to avoid contaminating the food he makes.  There is an alien gang called the Covenant, I think they're from Mexico.  Anyway, not only did these aliens come across the border illegally and are causing trouble for out law abiding citizens, they also don't much care for Master Chef's most excellent cuisine, causing our hero to have to take matters into his own hands and drive these illegal aliens back across the border.

That explains a lot.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

To be honest, I'm over Half-Life 3.  If it comes out some day, great, I hope it's good.  If it never happens, no skin off my back.  As far as this rumor, it sounds like a whole bunch of conjecture based on other conjecture which is based on yet more conjecture. 

I never finished the first one, nor tired any of the sequels. Most over hyped game on the planet...

• Like 1

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

Most over hyped game on the planet...

I think it's more of a running joke/meme at this point, but they were good and I remember even as a teenager thinking that Half Life 1 was a complete game changer. The quality was very apparent and very well executed, it really is one of the best shooters ever made, if not the best...

Not only that, but it basically created modding as we know it today, with many of said mods becoming instant classics in their own fields. Not something to be sniffed at.

• Like 1

Fortune favors the bald.

Most over hyped game on the planet...

I think it's more of a running joke/meme at this point, but they were good and I remember even as a teenager thinking that Half Life 1 was a complete game changer. The quality was very apparent and very well executed, it really is one of the best shooters ever made, if not the best...

Not only that, but it basically created modding as we know it today, with many of said mods becoming instant classics in their own fields. Not something to be sniffed at.

just to point out - CounterStrike....

Life is Strange ep 4 coming next Tuesday!

I'm thinking of picking this up. It's actually relatively easy to get the wife to play adventure games compared to most others. It looks good. Soooo tempted!

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

GamesRadar - Square Knew Tomb Raider Xbox Exclusivity would Disappoint Fans

We finally found out last week that Tomb Raider will release on PS4 for Christmas 2016, after its November 2015 launch on Xbox One. It's not been a hugely popular move, or even one that makes a great deal of sense given the estimated 12 million Xbox One's out there versus 22+ million PS4s and God only knows how many PCs* who'll be getting it early 2016.

US and EU Square Enix CEO Phil Rogers admits that it's a decision that, "we knew would, in the short-term, disappoint fans". (Presumably by "short term", he means 'until it comes out on things people own'.) Obviously, deciding to effectively limit the initial availability of your game is not something you rush into, on any platform, and Phil explains that, "I hope fans know that it wasn’t an easy decision. I think any sort of partnership at this level is a decision that took a long time for us to get to. The decision at a studio level, we took very, very seriously".

The biggest reason behind it all, Phil says, was to expand the Tomb Raider brand. "It becomes the most important thing. We’re about growing our IP, this is a long-term decision. We’re going to take Tomb Raider up to the next level. With Microsoft’s belief, passion and sort of muscle to help us deliver, we really think this is going to be an awesome game that people will enjoy for years and years to come". He adds, "to see Tomb Raider showcased with Halo, Forza and Gears and see Tomb Raider there, it’s amazing for us".

Edited by Raithe

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

To be honest, I'm over Half-Life 3.  If it comes out some day, great, I hope it's good.  If it never happens, no skin off my back.  As far as this rumor, it sounds like a whole bunch of conjecture based on other conjecture which is based on yet more conjecture. 

I never finished the first one, nor tired any of the sequels. Most over hyped game on the planet...

No, that would be the sequel. Unfinished,unpolished , nonsensical and so on, yet the praise never stopped.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

HL 1 and it's episodes were pretty good. HL2 was just yawn-worthy and mediocre.

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

they're mimicking all the Telltale CYOA games with this art style, it seems

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I don't know, I won't say it looks fantastic ....but it seems sort of fun ?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

What an ugly game.

Yeah, I never really pictured Graham as a doofus.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Dunno if anyone here still plays WoW, but Blizz just announced that they will announce a new expansion at Gamescon on August 6th.

Hopefully they deliver on the promises as opposed to WoD :p

Harebrained Schemes is making a Battletech game - http://battletechgame.com/

• Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I feel like WoD was a victim to some kind of internal struggle. There's no other reason why so much content actually shown and playable at conventions didn't make it into the game.

Can I get a cliff's notes on what they promise and didn't fulfill?

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Were supposed to get Farahlon and the Orge continent, those got cut. Garrisons were promised to be in any zone you wanted, they kind of did this half-assed with the towns you setup in each levelling zone. Tanaan was supposed to be a levelling zone rather than a daily zone. The capitals were to be Bladespire and Karabor, which in the latter was a shame as it was a well detailed temple (possibly a pain to navigate).