RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Rosbjerg

they dont try to anger the customer base, they just dont care about it's opinion since the hype train will demolish all voices of reason in its path and money will be made even with a crappy product.

83.7% of the game opinions I read on the forums are bilge. Narrow-minded grumbles about the most trivially inane details. I'm surprised when the developers even pay any attention to it. If they tried to satisfy the majority of the grumbling, they'd end up with an even cr*pier product. :p

I find I actually enjoy a game more when I pay no attention to the niggling whines.

• Like 1

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

these is a difference between catering to every whining beach (take that censoring) and making a lazy-copy-paste-sequel-releashed unfinished-without QA and sell it as the "best game ever" ... and when everyone goes and buys it only to be disapointed, the publisher says "who cares, we got their money"

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

Roberts on SC's issues of late - https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14839-Letter-From-The-Chairman

“Several years from now, when you are surrounded by your loved ones, and they ask you what did you do during the battle for Space Sims and PC games, you can look them in the eye and say; I helped make Star Citizen.

Wouldn't be Roberts if there weren't something eyeroll inducing.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

People really love this game.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Its one of those kinda games that gets better the older you get. Most of those gamers probably played it in their late teens and having replayed it over the years have discovered how different the game is, depending on your own maturity.. Much like Planescape.

Fortune favors the bald.

Its one of those kinda games that gets better the older you get. Most of those gamers probably played it in their late teens and having replayed it over the years have discovered how different the game is, depending on your own maturity.. Much like Planescape.

Nah, Planescape is too wordy.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

The dialogue of K2 holds up well, as does the unique* perspective to Star Wars albeit both are now formally non canon. The gameplay (in both, really) always was pretty meh, combat is pretty boring 90% of the time and you get massively overpowered quite quickly especially with K2's big levelling increase, the graphics are... well, early/ mid noughties and not very advanced even for then. Still worth playing for the story and dialogue, was never really worth playing for anything else.

*OK it's not actually unique, but a more accurate usage than most.

So now we can play a half finished game in 4K resolution and others fixing up the rush job is now easier!

Yes, I'm still bitter about all the missed potential.

• Like 1

Former BioWare devs KnightMayor announce their first game entitled Mooncrest.

mooncrest-07-21-15-1.jpeg

Mooncrest is a single-player, story-based fantasy RPG, with a focus on real-time tactical combat, cinematic conversations, and challenging puzzles. KnightMayor’s premiere title features:

• A Story of Sisterhood: An immersive story of fellowship where the interactions with your wayward companion propel you on an adventure of intrigue.
  • “Souls-style” Combat: Engage in tactical, real-time combat where your wits will matter as much as your reflexes.
  • Challenging Puzzle Solving: Tease your brain with intuitive puzzles that favor logic and reward your cleverness.
  • Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Well, they are former BioWare devs, so a ham-fisted tripe of a story is a definite possibility.  That said, I'll reserve judgement until we hear/see more.  Who knows, it could be good.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

The Mooncrest story apparently follows Sera a newly minted Paladin of Mooncrest who meets Pirotase and together they uncover a conspiracy.  All of the relationship/dialogue pieces is then between these two set characters rather than the Bio-way of multiple companions to make a party from.  I'm guessing that's where the "A story of sisterhood" bit comes from.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

That sounds like it could at least be a little promising. I'm rather pessimistic when it comes to games lately, so I probably won't end up playing it anyways unless I hear really great things, but it could happen. :p

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

The Mooncrest story apparently follows Sera a newly minted Paladin of Mooncrest who meets Pirotase and together they uncover a conspiracy.  All of the relationship/dialogue pieces is then between these two set characters rather than the Bio-way of multiple companions to make a party from.  I'm guessing that's where the "A story of sisterhood" bit comes from.

I'm a bit sad I won't get to rename my characters to Xena and Gabrielle.  ;(

• Like 4

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

So it's basically Hunted: Demon's Forge, except politically correct and inclusive.

• Like 1

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

So it's basically Hunted: Demon's Forge, except politically correct and inclusive.

How do you know it's, "politically correct"? We don't what's in the game.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

How is it inclusive if you can only choose one gender? :-

And she's probably white.

• Like 1

village_idiot.gif