RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Rosbjerg

Double post.

Edited by Agiel
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

Sorry but the beta gameplay looked horrible and boring. Never trust the trailers. :>

Man, I really want a *good* tactical FPS game again... singleplayer and coop. Like SWAT, just even better... meh.

• Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

as soon as the nato allies develop long-range rust detection, the russian air and sea power threats evaporate.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Assuming that simulator is well made, anyway.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

so this just happened

LDg4bJDnflM.jpg

apparently, the multiplayer portion will be free forever

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Assuming that simulator is well made, anyway.

there is discussions on that matter in the article body as well as the feedback that follows. 

is non-classified and it is simulation, so one should take with a grain o' salt.  even so, given the limits o' such things, the simulator in question appears less subject to bias than most and clear more advanced than harpoon.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Not bad for EA, and a good move for those who enjoy the DA:I multiplayer aspect. But that move also makes me believe that it´s not a very successful aspect of the game. I tried it, and it came across as a useless tacked on mode, one i certainly don´t enjoy or need.

"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, the man who never reads lives one."

Not bad for EA, and a good move for those who enjoy the DA:I multiplayer aspect. But that move also makes me believe that it´s not a very successful aspect of the game. I tried it, and it came across as a useless tacked on mode, one i certainly don´t enjoy or need.

Wouldn't surprise me. Personally I didn't even try it, just like I ignored it in ME3, my stance on it is that they could have used the money wasted on those multiplayer modes to give the single player campaign some much needed extra love in both games.

Because, seriously, who bought ME3 or DA:I for the multiplayer? Nobody *I* know for sure... (though my sister did enjoy ME3 MP, pretty sure she'd have gladly traded it for a better SP experience)

Edited by marelooke

Stupid question : how is that F-35 program seen in the USA? I read a rather long article in a French magazine a few months back which painted an absolutely horrible picture : completely over budget, horribly inefficient, software was ****ed up, cannons weren't working, ordinance capacity were ridiculously low, stealth was a scam, it couldn't get within 25 kilometers of a lightning storm lest it catches on fire, it couldn't dream of performing as well as the planes it was supposed to replace and it had become obsolete for the new kind of war that the USA started fighting after 9/11.

Wouldn't surprise me. Personally I didn't even try it, just like I ignored it in ME3, my stance on it is that they could have used the money wasted on those multiplayer modes to give the single player campaign some much needed extra love in both games.

Because, seriously, who bought ME3 or DA:I for the multiplayer? Nobody *I* know for sure... (though my sister did enjoy ME3 MP, pretty sure she'd have gladly traded it for a better SP experience)

Exactly, who really bought ME3 or DA:I for the multiplayer? I can´t show you one person. It would have been better  spend to focus more on core elements for the single player experience. I tried it, and it wasn´t worth it. The idea in ME3 was good too, but that could have been a different game. It´s just money wasted. They should have better used the money to extend the release of ME3 and give it an ending. :x

• Like 2

"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, the man who never reads lives one."

ME3 multiplayer was apparently successful, financially, and that is what counts for EA. Don't know about DAI's multiplayer, it probably doesn't cost much of anything to actually run so long as they've gone to a sensible approach to servers and use the same servers for all games on an 'on demand' basis.

It isn't about people buying the game for MP, it is about them buying value added stuff for/ due to the MP.

ME3 multiplayer was apparently successful, financially, and that is what counts for EA. Don't know about DAI's multiplayer, it probably doesn't cost much of anything to actually run so long as they've gone to a sensible approach to servers and use the same servers for all games on an 'on demand' basis.

It isn't about people buying the game for MP, it is about them buying value added stuff for/ due to the MP.

Well sure people bought the packs and eveything..but it wasn´t long around, so it couldn´t be that successful? But maybe you are right, in the sense that they knew it would not last long and it was just a quick buck for a few months/a year and then gone? This is all speculation of course. But if it would have been a real success ME3 MP would be up and runing. Which it isnt, and that decision would have never happend with DA:I, which was faster than in ME (before they released most of the stuff).

I´m not sure. It´s all specualtion anways, but i doubt EA would do anything for their customers for a good will...they sure as hell not...so DA:I MP has no players, not a surprise.

This is the same company that released an extended ending for ME3 free of charge.  Of course it isn't simply an act of goodwill, they are running a business, but it is in their best interest to keep the majority of their customer base happy.  Weighing that against cost and profit is obviously important, they want to stay in business.

I thought the extended ending was still pretty lame. Didn't they kept the silly colors and just added a bunch of ending slides that (again) don't really change?

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I thought the extended ending was still pretty lame. Didn't they kept the silly colors and just added a bunch of ending slides that (again) don't really change?

It fleshed it out a bit, at least taking away the whole 'trapped on the planet' ending.  It's still pretty open to interpretation.  

It fleshed it out a bit, at least taking away the whole 'trapped on the planet' ending.  It's still pretty open to interpretation.  

I´m...sooo ...angry.. lol...sorry really ..the extended ending did nothing for the game..it was just a band aid on ****...it´s stil **** :x

• Like 1

• Like 3

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2015/07/15/new-warhammer-40000-action-rpg-announced?watch

Warhammer 40k Inquisitor ARPG. GW sure is putting that IP to work.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2015/07/15/new-warhammer-40000-action-rpg-announced?watch

Warhammer 40k Inquisitor ARPG. GW sure is putting that IP to work.

Neocore? This might turn out to be actually decent. :p

Stupid question : how is that F-35 program seen in the USA? I read a rather long article in a French magazine a few months back which painted an absolutely horrible picture : completely over budget, horribly inefficient, software was ****ed up, cannons weren't working, ordinance capacity were ridiculously low, stealth was a scam, it couldn't get within 25 kilometers of a lightning storm lest it catches on fire, it couldn't dream of performing as well as the planes it was supposed to replace and it had become obsolete for the new kind of war that the USA started fighting after 9/11.

The F-35 program still receives fierce criticism to the US, most of it arguably ill-informed in the eyes of most in the know. This is criticism borne out of a well-meaning attitude that in an environment in which a peer or near-peer power is no longer an imminent threat to the US, its allies, or its interests, such programs seem rather "extravagant." However, I would argue that there is importance in the deterrence value these programs provide (even disregarding the US nuclear arsenal, which I _do_ think is largely extraneous, countries like Iran and North Korea wouldn't dream of doing anything drastic because they know the conventional forces of the US and its coalition partners would put the kibosh on that), and since the US depends on an all-volunteer force for its military, our defence tax dollars should be dedicated to making sure our men and women in uniform have the best equipment at their disposal.

“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

This is the same company that released an extended ending for ME3 free of charge.  Of course it isn't simply an act of goodwill, they are running a business, but it is in their best interest to keep the majority of their customer base happy.  Weighing that against cost and profit is obviously important, they want to stay in business.

They didn't exactly have plans to release the extended endings until the huge backlash from fans was so great that even media started to pick up on the controversial endings.  I mean, yeah, they did it for free.  But it was entirely a damage control/reputation thing.

Maybe I'm reading your post wrong, but you sound like they're praising them for giving their fans free DLC because it was a business strategy from the start, sort of like CDPR's giving away new DLC each week was a business strategy from the start, not just tacked on after the game released because their rep took a massive hit.  If there wasn't the same sort of anger or backlash, they had zero plans to even make the extended endings.

• Like 3

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I'm not praising or vilifying them.  They are just a video game company.  My post was in response to this:

I´m not sure. It´s all specualtion anways, but i doubt EA would do anything for their customers for a good will...they sure as hell not...so DA:I MP has no players, not a surprise.

I'm simply saying that, when it makes good business sense, they have no problem releasing free content.

As an aside, how is the DLC that CDPR is releasing any different than the multiplayer that EA is releasing?  They are both free, they both require infrastructure to maintain.  I believe you can still make purchases for the DA multiplayer though, which would seem to be a wiser business decision, but I am sure some will see as avarice.   :shrugz:  

the F-35 was designed to do too much for too many and it's performance is lacking in all roles.

the vertical flight needs shorter wings and that means less manueverability in a dogfight and less stability in low and slow CAS missions

the stealth system requires ALL weapons to be in internal bays or it wont work at all but the VTOL system takes too much space so the amount of space for ordinance is very limited

the stealth system (according to the F-16 designer) can only fool american radars. according to rumors, british radars could pick up all stealth aircraft over Iraq by tracking the IR heat signature and US officials were regularly going there to delete the data

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.