RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Rosbjerg

It's been out completely for a few months now. :)

A full version?  Like a copy that comes with every episode?

You can buy all episodes together in a pack, yes. But it's not considered  as one game but individual episodes (which they try to abuse in the sales by making Episode 1 dirt cheap with only moderate reductions on the rest), but they've all been released.

During the game they present it as if it were a tv series as well ("Next time on ..." and "Last time on Resident Evil Revelations 2, blah blah blah"), I find this extremely off putting personally as it breaks the flow of the game in a major way (Since I've just completed half of Episode 2 I can't really say much more about the quality of the game overall, but that wasn't the topic either).

I played RE Revelations 1, but after all the episodes were released as one game.  The "last time on ..." stuff didn't bother me too much.  Just wasn't sure RE Rev 2 had all the episodes out.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I played RE Revelations 1, but after all the episodes were released as one game.  The "last time on ..." stuff didn't bother me too much.  Just wasn't sure RE Rev 2 had all the episodes out.

Revelations 1 wasn't episodic. The "previous episode" thing was just ...for fun I guess?

Revelations 1 wasn't episodic. The "previous episode" thing was just ...for fun I guess?

Wasn't it episodic for the gamecube (or whatever system it originally came out for)?  I know the XBox360/PS3 port wasn't episodic, but rather the complete game.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Wasn't it episodic for the gamecube (or whatever system it originally came out for)?  I know the XBox360/PS3 port wasn't episodic, but rather the complete game.

It was originally for the 3DS and it was not episodic, it was divided into 15-25 minute long chapters (which makes perfect sense for a handheld game) and you got the "previously on" intros before every chapter to make it seem like a TV show, but you got the complete game all at once.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Ah, okay.  I assumed RE Revelations 1 was like RE Revelations 2.

In any case, I'm going to pick up the version that includes all episodes. 

I love the concept art for that game every time it comes up on the Steam store...but it really just doesn't look like my type of game. :p Great work on selling your art for your game, Mr./Ms. Concept Artist...it's just too bad I can't bring myself to get the actual game no matter how many times I've looked at it. :(

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

i ve seen some gameplay trailers of Battlefront 3... it may actualy turn out to be a good game. still, the feeling that at least 50% o what the game could have in it was cut out to be sold as dlc is making me cringe

• Like 1

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

i ve seen some gameplay trailers of Battlefront 3... it may actualy turn out to be a good game. still, the feeling that at least 50% o what the game could have in it was cut out to be sold as dlc is making me cringe

I only saw the Hoth trailer, and it looked awesome. What kind of stuff are you thinking they cut for DLC?

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I only saw the Hoth trailer, and it looked awesome. What kind of stuff are you thinking they cut for DLC?

Space battles I'm thinking.

Space battles I'm thinking.

and clone wars battles

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

I felt the same way when I played Baldur's Gate.  I was like, where is the big trap filled tower and the island full of werewolves?  It was a punch in the gut when they tried to charge me for that content later on.

The Tales of the Sword Coast content kinda sucked anyway, to be honest, :p...BG1's writing was already really basic, but TotSC went a step further and became downright amateur. Durlag's Tower is probably the best of it.

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 2

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

Well...it worked. They seemed to do pretty much the same thing for Throne of Bhaal, but for some odd reason, nothing else ever materialized after that... :p

Asshat interviewer aside...

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I felt the same way when I played Baldur's Gate.  I was like, where is the big trap filled tower and the island full of werewolves?  It was a punch in the gut when they tried to charge me for that content later on.

a really bad comparison

BG was a complete game and the expansion came later as a bonus. they never said "there will be an island and a tower but you will have to buy them separatelly"

battlefront 2 had space battles, old and new trilogy era battles and much more from day 1

battefront 3 is half a game in comparison to 2 and it is already set in stone that the other half will be added later

-Teknoman2-

I felt the same way when I played Baldur's Gate. I was like, where is the big trap filled tower and the island full of werewolves? It was a punch in the gut when they tried to charge me for that content later on.

a really bad comparison

BG was a complete game and the expansion came later as a bonus. they never said "there will be an island and a tower but you will have to buy them separatelly"

battlefront 2 had space battles, old and new trilogy era battles and much more from day 1

battefront 3 is half a game in comparison to 2 and it is already set in stone that the other half will be added later

EA = Eventually Added.

• Like 1

I felt the same way when I played Baldur's Gate. I was like, where is the big trap filled tower and the island full of werewolves? It was a punch in the gut when they tried to charge me for that content later on.

a really bad comparison

But Battlefield 4 didnt have imperial walkers or speeder bikes!

Looks interesting.  I hope by "survive" it means "dodge dangers while you explore an alien and potentially hostile planet", not "whack rocks with a pickaxe for half an hour, build a wall, lather, rinse, repeat".

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

The Division beta sign-ups are up. If you haven't pre-ordered (like me), you'll have to put yourself on a waiting list.

I was signing up when it asked me for my Uplay log-in info and I said to myself: "Oh yeah... this f***ing bulls***." I swear, I go for such long spells without having to deal with it I have to use the "forgot my password" option whenever I get a new Ubisoft game.

• Like 2
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling