RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Rosbjerg

Old thread here.

fps without health regeneration in the last 10 years can be counted in the fingers of one hand, so the choice not to include that crap in it is cause for celebration.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky

Bit of a nitpick but StalkerCS actually does have health regen, I'm playing it at the moment and it's definitely there. It's certainly not as fast as in most fps though, would take about 5 minutes to go from ouchiepuffed to full health. It's a bit silly, but nowhere near as silly/ annoying as those asterisking grenades and every random enemy being a professional trick thrower.

Fortune favors the bald.

Not too sure what to take from the trailer

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

And Bruce is going to be happy..

ign - First ME:Andromeda story details revealed

A trailer accompanying the announcement concealed the featured character’s race, making it uncertain whether it'll be a human-centric story or not. However, a new BioWare blog post reveals that the mysterious character featured in the announcement trailer isn’t the game’s main protagonist and confirms that players will be be able to play as both human male and female characters.

According to the developer blog, Mass Effect: Andromeda takes place far away from and long after the events of the original trilogy and offers “exciting new worlds to discover, great characters, and intense action.”

“You’ll be exploring an all-new galaxy, Andromeda, and piloting the new and improved Mako you saw,” the post reads. “And through it all, you will have a new team of adventurers to work with, learn from, fight alongside of, and fall in love with.”

• Like 2

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

The news that South Park has gone to another studio for the sequel is rather harsh, I massively enjoyed the Stick of Truth and thought it really was one of the best translations of one media type into another. Obsidian hit it out of the park, as a reward they get cast aside, very harsh. Still I suppose they're used to the knocks.

• Like 2

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Romance with andromedan tentacled hermephrodite not yet confirmed....

No buy unless I can play a hermaphrodite that can carry her own children.

• Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

The news that South Park has gone to another studio for the sequel is rather harsh, I massively enjoyed the Stick of Truth and thought it really was one of the best translations of one media type into another. Obsidian hit it out of the park, as a reward they get cast aside, very harsh. Still I suppose they're used to the knocks.

To be fair, we have no idea if they even wanted to do another one.  I mean they pretty much accomplished what they set out to do.  I have no idea where they would even go with another game.  I'm sure it would be gross though.  :p

in another site i read that obsidian IS making the new south park

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/xcom-2-will-add-looting-stealth-and-better-mod-sup/1100-6428304/

One new system that isn’t based on stats is the concealment phase, which DeAngelis says allows the player to "take on the role of the invader". Because XCOM is bringing down a corrupt alien-government alliance, your soldiers need to infiltrate enemy territory. They begin the mission in a state of concealment, which means enemy units aren't immediately hostile when they enter your line of sight. Instead, a smaller detection radius surrounding enemies allows you to sneak closer and assume advantageous positions without alerting them. Some enemies will follow patrol routes, and you can remain hidden if you're behind full cover when an enemy looks in your direction and walks past.

Well, that's not too bad.

Ok folks, everyone who got a Nexus account now vote this thing. If my calculations are correct, I need like 5 more votes to get on the damn frontpage. It's god damn hard to get on the frontpage unless you are making mods about boobs. Want to raise some awareness for my stuff. I need internet fame to fuel this body. :>

• Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Hm. I'm really not sure how I take this approach...

Hitman - Announcing Hitman

The new game is simply called “HITMAN”. We did this because in many ways this is the start of a new journey for Hitman. Don’t think of it as a reboot, though - think of it as a pure Hitman experience and the foundation for future HITMAN games. Agent 47 is the aspirational assassin, he’s at the absolute peak of his power this time around. This is our central promise: a pure assassin fantasy. So we liked the simplicity and the power of calling this game HITMAN. We want him to be powerful and embody the fantasy completely, and he will remain a constant throughout everything we do with the games going forward.

So what is this new game? Well first off HITMAN is still a creative stealth action game, featuring the greatest assassin out there, Agent 47. As an operative of the International Contract Agency, his job is to take out high-profile targets all over the world, supported by his long-time handler Diana Burnwood. Each location in the game is a living sandbox, a place where every NPC has a name and every room matters. We’ve focused on making sure you, the players, have complete freedom of approach over how, where and when you decide to take out your target. Creativity from players is fully expected, you have the power and intelligence of Agent 47 at your fingertips and it is your choice whether to use brute force or orchestrate a genuine masterpiece of assassination.

Locations are more detailed, more populated and much larger than ever before, full of things to experiment with and targets to kill without any checkpoint systems in there. Contracts mode, which we’ll talk more about later in the year, returns and really shines in these big sandboxes. We’ve brought back save games, so you can save your progress anywhere, and we have revamped pretty much every system in our Glacier engine to enable this HITMAN experience. We promised you these things a while back and we’re sticking to them because they are important – and because your feedback is important. In fact, it’s so important we’re taking things a step further.

One of the reasons why we’re calling this a new start for HITMAN is also the idea of releasing a digitally led product. That can mean a lot of different things depending on who you are, but for us it means we’re going to make HITMAN available first via direct download.

We’re embracing what digital can offer a blockbuster game series like HITMAN – it allows us to do things that are both bold and exciting and entirely new to the Hitman experience.

We are building an expanding and evolving world of assassination. The experience will begin on December 8th and we will release new locations, missions and hits over time at regular intervals through 2016, which means we’ll all be able to share in the excitement of a new content drop at the same time. Rather than unboxing a game, playing it and then that’s sort of it, we want to deliver a true community experience - creating an ongoing and evolving game which plays out with a finale that brings the story arc together. Our primary goal is to keep HITMAN players fully engaged, so between bigger drops we will be creating one-off live events and live targets to keep you immersed in the experience.

Imagine a target appearing for every player in the world, for a limited time only… let’s say 48 hours. Where your one shot counts. And when that target is gone, it is gone forever. A shared experience where we imagine the HITMAN community will come together every time a new mission or new location appears. For $60 you’ll get full access to all of this content – everything we release as part of this story.

Another big part of this new approach is that we will develop the game with you, the players, and adjust gameplay and create live content and events based on player activity and feedback - so the game will deepen and evolve as time progresses. The experience begins on December 8th on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC and will reach well into 2016.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I nodded off about halfway through the second paragraph.  I hope that is just some marketing talking head and not a head writer or anything.    -_-

This is gonna make me a game-hipster I know, but they were cool when they were a small studio in Denmark with fun ideas, before they got massive international recognition and their games had to be "accessible". The last game was so annoyingly arcady I literally got a headache 10 minutes in from frowning.

• Like 2

Fortune favors the bald.

And Bruce is going to be happy..

ign - First ME:Andromeda story details revealed

A trailer accompanying the announcement concealed the featured character’s race, making it uncertain whether it'll be a human-centric story or not. However, a new BioWare blog post reveals that the mysterious character featured in the announcement trailer isn’t the game’s main protagonist and confirms that players will be be able to play as both human male and female characters.

According to the developer blog, Mass Effect: Andromeda takes place far away from and long after the events of the original trilogy and offers “exciting new worlds to discover, great characters, and intense action.”

“You’ll be exploring an all-new galaxy, Andromeda, and piloting the new and improved Mako you saw,” the post reads. “And through it all, you will have a new team of adventurers to work with, learn from, fight alongside of, and fall in love with.”

That does me happy but its also just confirms my view that " that Romance sells and should be an intrinsic part of all RPG where you  interact with your party ( this wouldn't apply to an action RPG for example ) " 

Romance really can enhance the RPG journey, I just wish most of  you guys accepted and supported this notion  8)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Your wish only luckily :)

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

This is gonna make me a game-hipster I know, but they were cool when they were a small studio in Denmark with fun ideas, before they got massive international recognition and their games had to be "accessible". The last game was so annoyingly arcady I literally got a headache 10 minutes in from frowning.

The only thing I remember clearly about that game, was Latex Nuns.

And I'm not opposed to the idea, but the execution was worse than bad. Iirc, there was a scene in a fetish club in one of the earlier games where that stuff made sense. This though? I can't frown deeply enough to convey my annoyance and confusion about what went on there.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken