What Boosts Critical Hits?

Accuracy.

http://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Attack_Resolution

Edit - Just to make sure it doesn't come too short. When you attack a face to face roll happen, Accuracy vs Defense (deflection, reflex, willpower, fortitude, depending on the attack). To be able to crit, your accuracy stat has to be over their defense. Boosting your chance to score a crit can be done by raising accuracy, or debuffing enemies defense, or a combination of both. Flanking is your more standard and helpful friend early on.

Edited by Yipikayey

If you want to have more criticals, the easiest way is to have a priest in your party - his 3rd level Dire Blessing will convert 20% of crits into hits and his plentiful accuracy buffs will give you more hits to convert. A paladin with +attack zealous aura can also improve that nicely.

Looks like perception might as of patch 1.07 - semi-confirmed I think

Where can I read future patch notes?

Patch notes not available for 1.07 It was answered somewhat "officially" in a discussion of 1.06 about some updates of the patch that (mistakenly) included the change (in text only ) on the character sheet (accuracy was not actually increased/decreased) I believe the official announcement will be at E3.

Nomadic Wayfarer of the Obsidian Order

Not all those that wander are lost...

Does dex contribute to critical?

No. Critical chance is not some value on your character sheet. It completely relies on your accuracy vs your opponent's deflection (or defensive stat that you are against)

There are talents/spells/racial that can convert a % of Hits, into crits.

Looks like perception might as of patch 1.07 - semi-confirmed I think

Where can I read future patch notes?

Patch notes not available for 1.07 It was answered somewhat "officially" in a discussion of 1.06 about some updates of the patch that (mistakenly) included the change (in text only ) on the character sheet (accuracy was not actually increased/decreased) I believe the official announcement will be at E3.

Ah ok. Dont want to sound stupid but whats E3?